Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Fruit

Comments

• Thanks. Also- give Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head Rub a shake on your grilled fruits. Loaded with sugar and cinnamon and very tasty on the grill

Little goes a long way

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Thanks. Also- give Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head Rub a shake on your grilled fruits. Loaded with sugar and cinnamon and very tasty on the grill

Little goes a long way

Even used sparingly the extra sugar isn't too much? Sounds delicious though.
    http://choiceofga.com 1000+ Tables & Counting… Direct From Fayetteville, GA "It is a poor carpenter who blames his tools."

Little goes a long way

Even used sparingly the extra sugar isn't too much? Sounds delicious though.
    No- It's really good. .I did put too much on my first grilled pineapple and it was a bit strong. I just use a sprinkle the next time and it added quite a bit to the fruit. Really good stuff

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    good stuff.

peaches drizzled witrh strawberry sauce. some mint form the garden, and i think Ben and Jerry's vanilla (we try to make out own when we can)
    plums too. forget what the sauce was. balsamic is in there i think.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • @#!*% !!! Time to go to produce junction to stock up! Not sure it's time yet for peaches though
    Man it is down here. All over the side of the road. had homemade peach ice cream 3X this week!

We cheat and make it in our BlendTec blender but it's pretty damn good. Ready in 3 minutes (but we freeze it for another hour just to firm it up.

• I should say vendors all over the side of the road. We are not eating road kill peaches :))

• troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    Thanks. Also- give Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head Rub a shake on your grilled fruits. Loaded with sugar and cinnamon and very tasty on the grill

Little goes a long way

Pineapple Head is wonderful stuff.  Not only natural sugar and cinnamon, but it also contains New Mexican (Hatch?) chili's.  I love this stuff on pineapple.  Also, try marinading whatever fruit you're grilling in some bourbon or rum for a bit.

XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe