Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

corn on the cob

Options
jerryp
jerryp Posts: 232
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

I tried a Primal Grill recipe for corn grilled in the husk directly on the coals.  It kicked ass! Just thought I'd throw that out for anybody looking for a new side.

Comments

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Nice

I always do mine with husk on. I pull back the remove silk, pull husk back, soak In water for 30-45 minutes, pull husk back again for butter and/or dry rub, then pull husk back up and grill
    Boom
  • ribnrun
    ribnrun Posts: 174
    Options
    I just soak em in water for a bit. On the grill for about 30 minutes at 350 to 400. Conveniently takes about the same amount of time as a tri tip, lol. I like that when I shuck em when they are cooked, the silk comes out so easily and completely.
  • jerryp
    Options
    I couldn't have been happier with the results.  Soaked em in a salt and sugar brine and cooked em right on the coals.  They were easy to husk because most of it burned off.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I couldn't have been happier with the results.  Soaked em in a salt and sugar brine and cooked em right on the coals.  They were easy to husk because most of it burned off.

Soooooo.....what was the recipe?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    I just soak em in water for a bit. On the grill for about 30 minutes at 350 to 400. Conveniently takes about the same amount of time as a tri tip, lol. I like that when I shuck em when they are cooked, the silk comes out so easily and completely.
    x2
  • jerryp
    Options

Soooooo.....what was the recipe?

Sorry.  A gallon of water with a cup of sugar and a cup of salt disolved.  Cut the first inch of the top from the corn and cut the stem off.  Soak it for at least 4 hours.  Cook them until the husks are mostly burnt off, but not until the corn itself is charred completely.(The tastiest ear I ate had good caramelization, but wasn't burnt. If that makes sense.) Brush the cooked ears with melted butter and salt. (Adjust salt to taste, as there was an incredible amount of salt in the brine.)  Enjoy.