Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stuffed Chick

Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Been eating these at duck camp for a couple years and finally decided to intro the wife. Local cajun meat market called Stuffed (www.stuffedfoodstores.com ) makes these deboned (except for wings) chickens with 13 different stuffing options. This one is my fave - jalapeno cornbread! I'm just a customer...no other connection. 

Firing up the egg: 

After a nite in the fridge to dry out the skin, EVOO and some JH Pecam rub, a nice chunk of Pecan at 375: Note the new placesetter (old one had been puzzled back together with JB weld, but finally succumbed to multiple fractures 

Ready to pull and rest: 

After an 8 minute rest and sliced: 

Plated with some sauteed Balsamic/Garlic French Cuts and a Cucumber/Tomato Salad with Cracked Pepper Vinagrette: 

Pulled the chicken when the Thermapen hit 160 in the breast meat. These are SO good, the dressing rivals moms....shhh, don't tell her! The bird fed 4 and was less than $15. Pretty good deal.
·

Comments

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    HEB and others sell a similar offering, called La Boucherie.  Their 3 pound deboned chicken with cornbread stuffing is $12.95.  Looks like they're in head to head competition.

Click here.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Thanks VI - I've seen those but never tried. 
    ·
  • Central market has some cool stuffings too. They are really good. Did a jalapeño pecan cornbread stuffing last time and it was money. This is a perfect example of how meat glue is used to create cool stuff.

·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    mmmm....Meat Glue!!  :D
    ·
  • I know. Wish they would call it something else ( like transglutiminase.....oh wait they do). They need a better marketing dept. fun stuff though.

·