Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question on cooking Brisket tomorrow for a graduation party.

Options
tyenic1
tyenic1 Posts: 150
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

I have a couple questions that hopefully someone can answer for me fairly soon. I got asked to smoke some brisket for a friend of ours. I have two 11pound whole packers. My first question is will that be enough to feed 30-40 people? My second question is if I smoke them at the same time on XL BGE, will I have to allow more time than the usual 1.5 hours per pound to cook or will they both cook at the same rate. Trying to time it just right so I can FTC then take it to the reception and slice it there. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Side Note: (The reception starts at 1:00pm on Saturday, but we need to be there by 10:00am to help set up. That's why I figured I could just FTC it and take it with us at 10:00 and then start slicing a little before 1:00pm. I was planning on starting the cook on Friday afternoon around 3:00pm. 

Comments