Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ignorance WAS bliss. You guys are killing me!!!

Options
Duganboy
Duganboy Posts: 1,118
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

I have owned a LBGE for 15 years.  Finally got a table and a platesetter.  I cook on it 2-3 times a week for years. All is well until I joined this forum.

I only joined this forum about two weeks ago, to get advice about the BBQ Guru.  The advice I got helped me make a decision and after three cooks with the Guru, I love it.

I get on here and people are talking about spiders, raised grills, adjustable rigs, Woo's and more and I had no idea what you all were talking about!!.  I was perfectly content until I found out all these cool things existed and now I feel like I have to have ALL the thing you guys and gals have been talking about.

This is a great forum and I have everything shipped to my buddies house anyway.

^:)^

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    =))  That's like owning a car for 15 years and suddenly finding out you can put gasoline in it and do a lot more things.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    =))  That's like owning a car for 15 years and suddenly finding out you can put gasoline in it and do a lot more things.  

Well in my youth the car really served quite well without burning any gasoline but I digress:)

And good call for the OP to dodge the homefront bullet for a delivery site-you will be able to divulge the truth after the platitudes you receive for your results.  Welcome!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Mini          Mini              Mini              Mini             Mini Big Green Egg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'm just sayin' these guys are more than happy to help you spend your money.........
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DIXIEDOG
    DIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    Options
    Forums are good for that....fishing forum you buy a boat, every rod and reel that comes out, thousands of lures and the newest electronics.....predator forum you buy 10 different predator guns, a few electronic callers because you need to know which one works best, a pile of decoys, and every ammo on the market.... truck forum you buy a new truck and $10K in bolt ons like everyone else's to make it "your own"....a BBQ forum you buy a grill, $1k in accessories and rubs....It's a bargain compared to the rest.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Forums are good for that....fishing forum you buy a boat, every rod and reel that comes out, thousands of lures and the newest electronics.....predator forum you buy 10 different predator guns, a few electronic callers because you need to know which one works best, a pile of decoys, and every ammo on the market.... truck forum you buy a new truck and $10K in bolt ons like everyone else's to make it "your own"....a BBQ forum you buy a grill, $1k in accessories and rubs....It's a bargain compared to the rest.
    and Sonos speakers for your grill area, $300 knife sharpening kits, antique cast iron cookware, Japanese cutlery, and the hits keep coming...............

But you are right. It's not like it's a boat forum or something like that. I will be steering clear of those.I spend enough on my boat now. I need no devil on my shoulder telling me I need more.

• cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options
    Try a wine forum...... Just sayin'
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just what I need. Suggestions on more (and more expensive) ways to get drunk. Pass :)

• cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options
    Just what I need. Suggestions on more (and more expensive) ways to get drunk. Pass :)

The drunk part will be the least of your problems. Staying married while trying to justify all those bottles (and the cold storage expense!) that you just HAD to buy... Not that I would know or anything....
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

The drunk part will be the least of your problems. Staying married while trying to justify all those bottles (and the cold storage expense!) that you just HAD to buy... Not that I would know or anything....
    she is a bad as me with wine so we might stay married but we would be living in our wine storage unit and showering at the YMCA
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    =)) =))  Y'all are too funny.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    The really odd thing about all the great accessories that you can get for your BGE is that almost none are made by BGE! They missed that boat.
  • Duganboy
    Options
    The really odd thing about all the great accessories that you can get for your BGE is that almost none are made by BGE! They missed that boat.
    See that is what got me Steve.  My original dealer went out of business and I would look at the BGE website but that is the only knowledge of products that I had.

Rigs, spiders, CGS, woo.   You guys were talking a language that was foreign to this KY boy.
  • servicceguy
    servicceguy Posts: 23
    Options

This is a great forum and I have everything shipped to my buddies house anyway.

^:)^
    Now that is the friggin truth to a happy marriage!
  • AZbge
    AZbge Posts: 96
    Options
    Which Guru did you end up with?
  • Duganboy
    Options
    DigiqDX2.  Did a brisket and a 10 lb pork butt.  Worked like a charm.
  • ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    Options
    You think just the accessories are bad? I have a medium BGE, now I'm saving up for a large just so I can buy the accessories

/thank god I'm single :)
    Pentwater, MI
  • Mattlock
    Mattlock Posts: 64
    Options
    I know how you feel, but I saved money hearing about demo eggs which I'll end up spending on a plate setter and other stuff...Guru gonna have to wait 'til Xmas!
    Newbie Egghead - Just got a LBGE at the Georgia Eggfest! Life is Good!
  • Duganboy
    Options
    Ceramic Grill Store guys very helpful.  Ordering the new Woo and they made me measure my BGE in 4 different areas because it was so old.  They said you wouldn't believe some of the measurements they got from the older eggs.

• deeznutz
    deeznutz Posts: 13
    Options
    and Sonos speakers for your grill area, $300 knife sharpening kits, antique cast iron cookware, Japanese cutlery, and the hits keep coming...............

But you are right. It's not like it's a boat forum or something like that. I will be steering clear of those.I spend enough on my boat now. I need no devil on my shoulder telling me I need more.

Yeah I recently found this site and got a LBGE.  I'm into reef tanks so the bbq stuff is very inexpensive in comparison.  But boy do I love my bbq!