Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Killer Rib Rub/Sauce

Options
supervisor404
supervisor404 Posts: 34
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Entering a cook off with a couple friends this weekend and would really love to have help with an awsome sauce and rub for my ribs and also for my pulled pork. Please help me out....

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Spare Ribs with BGE classic rub then cook last hour with bone sucking sauce is an amazing combo.

Bad byrons butt rub cannot be beat for butts in my opinion.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'm a dizzy dust guy for butts but i like Bad Byron's too. Dizzy is definitely "unique" in that it has some cool flavors that aren't always associated with BBQ. I know a lot of guys make rubs but there are some real good ones out there to be bought....so that's what I do. I do make my own sauce though. I'll dig it up and send it to you.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I like Bad Byrons Butt Rub for the outside and I like Byron's Geaux Jus to sprinkle the pulled pork with. It is very light with good flavor.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    Heard so much about Texas BBQ that I decided to try a rub that one of the BGE'ers mentioned in a post. It isTexasBBQ rub "Original". Used it on a butt and some BB's and was very good. Has a little bite to it but not overwhelming. Good stuff. www.texasbbqrub.com got it on line.

Opelika, Alabama
  • Jameson19
    Jameson19 Posts: 354
    edited April 2012
    Options
    For sauce I use store bought and it varies on my mood while shopping. For a dry rub that all myfriends and family really like is one called Snail's Sprinkle. I got it form Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue book, page 125. 
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • GADuckaholic
    Options
    Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust for the rub and Sweet Baby Ray's for the sauce has been a home run combo for me so far on BB's and butts.
  • RichardBronosky
    RichardBronosky Posts: 213
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The first time I ever tasted something off a BGE, it had this rub on it and no sauce. http://www.flickr.com/photos/aldegaz/6841196187/in/set-72157629230329495/ I went out and bought my LBGE immediately.

Use that and Apple Wood for smoke and you will win the competition. If you are not declared the winner, tell them that the others are disqualified for using a premixed rub or sauce.
    I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012