Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You people

BigSteve
BigSteve Posts: 52
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
My wife may be angry but thanks to YOU PEOPLE I now have the woo2 and adj. rig on the way from the ceramic grill store, 22 in wok and more from the wok shop all on the way to my house for my XL. Don't know if I should tell her about the wifi stoker I'm about to order and I was pricing a small bge yesterday. The problem is I can buy a new small BGE for $8.00 more than the wifi stoker for the XL. Decisions, decisions.

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    You're welcome.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• BigSteve
    BigSteve Posts: 52
    You sold me on the wok for sure. I'm stoked and can't wait to put it to good use.
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Better to lump all your purchases together and get in trouble once than keep spreading it out. ;)
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    That's what we are here for, buddy. Once you get through all that your wife may end up like mine. Tanya has started to say stuff like "hey look at this. You could use it for your egg". :-bd
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    You are a lucky man @travisstirck.

I think my wife is starting a "BGE Lover widows" group.

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I have found that: "this old thing, it came with the egg. em, let me get that price tag off" "Yes it is new looking, I just cleaned it, why?".
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Hey steve, I know lots of ppl use the stoker and love it. I don't use one and have no problem without it. If I were you, I'd get the second egg.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Hey steve, I know lots of ppl use the stoker and love it. I don't use one and have no problem without it. If I were you, I'd get the second egg.
    Yeah, it's almost free.  Look at all the money you saved by not buying the Stoker. (I know, this is "women's logic", but you're not on a level playing field.)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    When I got my Stoker, I thought I didn't want to wait 5 years and then buy it and think why I didn't get it sooner. If you will buy one someday, do it sooner than later.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292
    edited April 2012

For me to get my egg and accessories I had to promise to get my wife a handbag from
    Prada for our anniversary.  While i think the handbag is a complete waste it was definitely worth it to get the egg.

I was arguing that the egg was for her as much as it was for me.  She seems to enjoy eating the food i make on it, and there is less mess in the kitchen if am grilling 4 days a week.  She did not agree with my logic.

• Mickey

What he said except I would get a Mini.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Get both.  The more toys the better!!!  Set up a separate swiss banking account that only you have access to.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Hey steve, I know lots of ppl use the stoker and love it. I don't use one and have no problem without it. If I were you, I'd get the second egg.
    +1- you can do everything with or without a stoker. You can't cook on 2 eggs unless you have 2. Get the egg.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Better to lump all your purchases together and get in trouble once than keep spreading it out. ;)
    THIS!!!!!!

Get all of them!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    I bought a DigiQ last summer. Although it's a great accessory, I found that I only use it for briskets and butts. The egg holds temps so well for anything less than 6 hours you just don't need it. Go with the second egg. It will probably serve you better.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Yeah get the egg, the stoker is just gonna make your cooks more boring, like cooking in an oven. I like the challenge of doing it myself.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Yeah get the egg, the stoker is just gonna make your cooks more boring, like cooking in an oven. I like the challenge of doing it myself.
    +1 with the above-and if you enjoy a cold adult beverage while tending (or not) to the BGE-the absence of a stoker does help you out!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • demo
    demo Posts: 163
    Usually better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Follow my business plan for BGE accessories:  Have everything shipped to your best buddies house :))
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    I have found that: "this old thing, it came with the egg. em, let me get that price tag off" "Yes it is new looking, I just cleaned it, why?".

=))
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Like Travis said, you know you are home free for "toy" purchases when you spouse says,  "will it work on the egg?".  Once I get to that question, then talking about getting another egg his only response was, "what size?".  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Gandy Dancer
    Gandy Dancer Posts: 273
    Buy the small egg, you'll get more use out of it.
  • I just tell her:  Remember all that money you saved shopping?  Well, I just spent some of it

I do like the idea of  shipping to you buddy's house,  but do the wives talk?

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Like I told my wife when I started years ago.  Honey I love you so much, you can pick.........grills or girls for my new hobby..............

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Mickey
    Just start talking Harley and lay a couple of books around. You will have that next egg by the weekend.

• RU Eggsperienced
    RU Eggsperienced Posts: 1,527
    To me the Adj Rig is the most often used Eggcessory (just about every cook).  Enjoy!!
  • What do you mean, YOU PEOPLE?

Freaking hilarious. Well played

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX