Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New Egghead here!

ClayK25ClayK25 Posts: 3
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have used the Egg around 20 times already, and this was the latest.  I will say that before I got my Egg I could barely boil water, now I'm making meals like this?  Crazy.

One question that I had, was about the gasket.  Mine has started to peel off from the back edge, the hinge side, and burn up, and I know this has been mentioned before, so I already planned to replace it anyway.  My question, is whats the best way to get the old one off?  I have zero experience with ceramic stuff, and I would normally just take a razor blade and scrape it off, then put on the new one.  Second question, what should I get to replace the old one?

Anyway, glad to be here, and my wife is even more excited than I am, because I now share the cooking responsibilities as I use my Egg 2-3 times per week easy.

Thanks,

Clay

Comments