Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egghead here!

Options
ClayK25
ClayK25 Posts: 6
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have used the Egg around 20 times already, and this was the latest.  I will say that before I got my Egg I could barely boil water, now I'm making meals like this?  Crazy.

One question that I had, was about the gasket.  Mine has started to peel off from the back edge, the hinge side, and burn up, and I know this has been mentioned before, so I already planned to replace it anyway.  My question, is whats the best way to get the old one off?  I have zero experience with ceramic stuff, and I would normally just take a razor blade and scrape it off, then put on the new one.  Second question, what should I get to replace the old one?

Anyway, glad to be here, and my wife is even more excited than I am, because I now share the cooking responsibilities as I use my Egg 2-3 times per week easy.

Thanks,

Clay

Comments