Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Williams Sonoma Tiki Pork

Options
Hooter
Hooter Posts: 134
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum

I was browsing WS the other day and came upon a jar of Tiki Pork starter.  It sounded really good but the recipe calls for cooking the pork in a slow cooker along with the starter.  I have some leftover pulled pork that I want to use instead.  Has anyone developed a good recipe for a hawaiian style pork dish using leftover PP?  If not I might be left with experimenting myself...always a dangerous thing.  :) 

BTW, the WS website says the flavors are pineapple, soy, apple sider vinegar, and "spices". 

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Not sure but WS has some great rubs. The chili lime is one of my favorites on fish. Report back on what you decide.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Hooter
    Hooter Posts: 134
    Options

OK, I gave it a shot tonight.  Didn't turn out quite like I pictured it but was still good anyway.  I took some white onion and garlic and sauteed in EVOO.  Added soy sauce, orange juice, crushed pineapple, 5 spice, ginger, apple cider vinegar, and oj.  Brought all that to a boil, then added some pulled pork I made a month ago and had frozen.  Simmered that for 30 minutes or so, then served over rice. 

In my head I was thinking a consistency similar to ropa vieja but it wasnt nearly as "soupy" as that.  On the next go around I will use more pineapple and wet ingredients. 

Still turned out pretty dang good and a good use for leftover PP. 

• Flamethrower
    Options
    I have found store bought 5 spice to have to much Anise-To black licorice for me.Found a good 1 on the food network and didnt use the 5 spice,Made 4 spice
    LET'S EAT