Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

come on wintah

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,752
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
have had enough of this heat, eggs too hot to even touch and its not lit. would rather be here

007-10.jpg
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    I need some more golf, but I'm right behind you. :laugh: The last week about killed me :pinch:
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 20
    Options
    Noooo we just got summer. Yes it is HOT here too but it is short enough as it is. Used the furnace till June! Send it up here. lol
  • BostonButterfly
    Options
    It is HOT here in the Boston area (heat index of 109* today). We don't get that kind of heat very often, but when we do - I hate it!

I'm trying to remember how badly I wanted summer to be here when I was out there clearing the mountains of snow from the driveway this past winter!!!
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i cant take it at all, we need to send it back down south. you need a 4x4, i shoveled the walk once last winter and im just north of you :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Move!!!! I hate it when I have to put a sweater on in January to go cook outside!
  • BostonButterfly
    Options
    Oh - believe me, every winter I wonder why I live here! Our only son is headed to college come September. I have a feeling the moving topic will come up again during the next few years!
  • fishlessman
    Options
    :laugh: not moving to canada, no way, no how, maines far enough north. you wear the sweater when your ice fishing in january, not when your cooking :laugh: windows are open, fans are running, its murder in the welding bay right now
    fukahwee maine

• PhilsGrill
    Options
    Well... just don't laugh at us Atlantans come winter when you see us on CNN with the Blizzard of 1" coming!
  • BostonButterfly
    Options
    OMG.......welding in this heat? I don't envy you! I'm sending cool thoughts...........
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    :laugh:
    Morning Fishless,
    LOL,
    You and I are like the north and south pole. So you handle the ice and I'll handle the heat waves. :silly:

I love getting up at 4 and it's 86 outside and rising.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • PhilsGrill
    Options
    Yeah... but that's a dry heat!
  • Woody69
    Woody69 Posts: 360
    Options
    I'll take the heat over the cold any day. :)
  • Bordello
    Options
    You have a valid point there although for some reason we have been muggy earlier then usual but it comes and goes.

Have a great weekend,
    Bordello
  • PhilsGrill
    Options
    Muggy? What do you call 'muggy' :blink: Right now in Marietta, it's 82 degrees and 89% humidity!

Have a good 'dry' one!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• fishlessman
    Options
    right now it feels like 120 in the building, walk outside into the 96 degree sun and you get chilled :blink: :laugh: 80 is too hot for me :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• Grandpas Grub
    Options

Bob, you still going without the ac on???

Kent
  • Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    Options
    I am soooooo with you on this one fish. I haven't cooked on the eggs for 3 days because of the heat, but I cook everyday in sub-zero and blizzard conditions in January and February. :laugh: Actually fried pork chops in a skillet on the stovetop last night. :blush:
  • Bordello
    Options
    :(

I feel for ya so I guess if we have 49% humidity (maybe) it's still a dry heat. :laugh: Thanks, I will remember that as August is our when the humidity goes up some.

Regards,
    Bordello
    Valley of the Sun
  • Bordello
    Options
    Hi GG,
    Yep, but I did plug in the fridge now that I have gone a month only using the T.V.,computer and radio. Use a whopping 64 kwh of energy so my electric bill for the month is $23.42

Now this month I will be able to see how much that 15+ years old fridge is costing to run.

My place is still over 90 inside all the time and while a bit on the hot side I don't have much trouble with it.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Currently 86.4* in the shade on my porch (10:45 am). Humidity is 70%.

We had 11 days of over 100* heat index in June - much earlier than usual. July and August are our hottest months - uuuggghhh!

Both Eggs - in the shade - register close to 100 on the dome temps by late afternoon.

But, our winters are SWEET ! When Adam and Scott came to the Loney Fest, they were almost wearing light jackets while we were all freezing :laugh: :laugh:
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I could go for some snow for a few weeks. Just not another winter like we had last year in Minnesota.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    I need a little more golf, then I'm ready to break out the long boards...
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Mark,

Assuming you didn't make pucks out of them, bet they weren't half bad. :P

Still get an 'F' though :whistle:
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    This is our 20th day of 100 or higher and this is our 10 day forecast. :(

Today Jul 22

Sat 23 -102

Sun 24-101

Mon 25-103

Tue 26-102

Wed 27-102

Thu 28-102

Fri 29-101

Sat 30-101

Sun 31-102
  • Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Cooked one at a time because of our schedules last night. Pulled each one at 138 per the T-Pen. The temp still crept up over 140 during the couple minute rest though. They passed the family's taste test. That's all that's important. ;)

I'm one of those people that sweat profusely just standing idle in this stuff. Miserable.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

I would think that fridge is taking a lot more electricity than a newer model. My old freezer kills me when I run it during the summer months.

I would think you should be close to $10 with that little usage.

With our cool weather electricity and natural gas combined has been under $55 for a couple of months now. This month will jump into the $60 - $80 for electricity, gas should be under $30. Winter time I get up into the +/- $200 range for both.

Hope you are doing well.

• ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    Options
    would lay naked in that......... i'm not a hot weather kinda guy,,,, i live in an old church.... which is basically a stained glass green house with thirty foot ceilings........ my gf( no further comment).... suggested i get one of those little portable air conditioners....... last night.... i woke up feeling a little funky..... went out to my wonderful toyota prius... slept there last nigh( with the engine ........ last we had a similar heat wave......... thought i could take it.... no way......... went out in the back yard......... got poked by the the local PD......... asking me are you laying in your back yard....... ?????? i do have civil rights ? eh.... wanna see civil rights violations look up " Hazleton standard speaker"........ it's the local paper........ the ACLU has boys and girls monitoring his racist profiling... i heard he arrested the aculu kids for minor infractions,,, like tire tread wear,, etc.... check..... Hazleton standard speaker........ beaver meadows pa........ this " chief" is violating all of our rights under the constitution........... rr ......
  • Bear 007
    Bear 007 Posts: 382
    Options
    I'm with you, right now its only 81 but man its humid. We only get a couple weeks of this a year, its a good thing,no AC. The tomatoes are loving it though,they are finally taking off.
  • Kailas
    Kailas Posts: 146
    Options
    Just remember, unlike snow, you don't have to shovel heat!

And I don't want to hear the whining when we're 2 months into winter!

:silly: