Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

come on wintah

Options
2»

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    GG,
    Your utilities are not bad for the summer months. My place is all electric so most people around me have electric bills around $150 a month or more. I can take the heat but not the cold. No way I could your winter bill. LOL That part of the year I'm wearing 2 T shirts, a flannel shirt and a hooded zip up thing, 2 pair of socks and anything else I can find. :angry:

But I look forward to the triple digits, this is my time of the year. :)

Regards,
    Bordello
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    Today is day 29 this summer with a high over 100°, that's straight temperature, not heat index.

We are cooking this summer, many folks have given up on keeping the lawn green, they are just burning up. We started lawn watering restrictions last week, as they can't keep up the water pressure. Fish are starting to die on the ponds now, water temp is too high, and not enough oxygen in the water. It's HOT!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    Amen
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Last January I left here (the freezer) and was in Tuscon for a few days. It was beautiful and the temperature was like I was in heaven. Not sure if I could handle your summers though.

$150 in the worst months isn't too bad really and you don't have to shovel snow. :)

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    heat SUCKS!! 103° here today. ain't natural!!!

In winter, I can always put on another layer. in summer, there's only so much i can take OFF. and even THAT'S not enough!! plus, i would get arrested if i went out in public! :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Oh no!!!! I love it melting hot...... The coldest spirit available & a dip ;)