Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Jalapeno cheese cornbread EVER !

Options
Pepe Le Pew
Pepe Le Pew Posts: 49
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've made cornbread for years using buttermilk. But, I decided to use some drinkable plain yogurt this time, and WOW ! It was more moist, tender, and flakey than with using the buttermilk.

As I've mentioned, I'm new here, so if this has been posted before, forgive me. :blush:

Here is my new recipe:

1 cup Corn Meal, Yellow
1 cup Flour , All purpose
⅓ cup Sugar
1 tablespoon Baking powder
½ teaspoon Salt
1 cup plain yogurt (Organic Valley brand)
2 large Eggs, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons Oil, Vegetable
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 can (11 oz) Corn, whole kernel, drained
3 tablespoons Jalapenos, chopped, pickled

Stabilize Egg to 375º F. Lightly grease 8-inch-square baking pan. Add 1 tbsp. oil to pan and put on Egg until cornbread batter is ready. This will give a good crust to the bottom.

COMBINE corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Combine yogurt, eggs and oil in medium bowl. Add to corn meal mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in cheese, corn and jalapeños. Pour batter into prepared pan.

BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or, indirect, until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Serve warm.

cornbread.jpg

Comments