Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First attempt at Beef Ribs

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
These were actually supposed to be cooked on Friday, but we got a call that morning that a couple that we are friends with in Austin were buying a boat and would we come down and help them break it in? Uh...that's a no brainer! What are friends for? The wife and I enjoying the new boat on Saturday.

P1020779.jpg

Yesterday, I got up and just didn't feel like going to work. (Couldn't have had anything to do with the Mavs winning the Finals!) So I called in sick, did some stuff around the house and then threw these ribs on. They got a slather of mustard and then rubbed down with a mixture of Salt Lick rub and Stubb's (OT - We went to Salt Lick friday night and the quality is going down hill. I actually sent the brisket back)

P1020780.jpg

This is after 3 hours, right before I foiled with some butter and beer to help braise them a bit.

P1020781.jpg

About an hour and half later out of the foil to firm up the bark a tad.

P1020782.jpg

No plated pics, but we served it up with some grilled corn, some left over sausage from Smitty's that we had in the freezer and some pasta salad that the wife made. These beef ribs were really good. They were even better than the ones we had Friday night at Salt Lick. (Notice a theme here? We won't be going back to Salt Lick again)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments