Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beachin it with the Mini

Options
Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,972
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I took the mini over to the beach, and made some of SSN686's shrimpburgers. I have been hungry for them lately. My first time making them, here they are on the mini~

P5294152.jpg

Thanks for the recipe, Jay. It is on his website. Served on those Hawaiian sweet rolls, the kids didn't want the wasabi mayo:

P5294153.jpg\\

The adults wanted the mayo and even some extra for dipping:

P5294155.jpg

Sunset at Clearwater Beach:

P5294148.jpg

Next, I was invited to Anna Maria Island for a few days, so again, the mini came along for the ride.

I made some duck breasts on the CI. Scored the skin and cooked it skin side down first, you want it to get all nice and brown before the flip:

P6014186.jpg

A friend swore he didn't like duck, but he tasted it, and he is now a duck convert!

What's not to like?

P6014189.jpg

I brought filets, cut them nice and thick~

P6014191.jpg

Forgot to bring my Thermapen!! Yikes!! But still cooked them to a perfect medium rare somehow on the 550 degree mini!

P6014192.jpg

I melted some Danish blue cheese for just a minute, then served with a port wine reduction drizzled over top~

P6014193.jpg

Served along with some ghostly looking white asparagus, rare to find them in the store here~

P6014190.jpg

A bird was hanging around the dock smelling the smoke~

P6024195.jpg

Someone spent some time making this mailbox look very Florida like!

P6024198.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments