Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Beachin it with the Mini

Florida Grillin GirlFlorida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,371
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I took the mini over to the beach, and made some of SSN686's shrimpburgers. I have been hungry for them lately. My first time making them, here they are on the mini~

P5294152.jpg

Thanks for the recipe, Jay. It is on his website. Served on those Hawaiian sweet rolls, the kids didn't want the wasabi mayo:

P5294153.jpg\\

The adults wanted the mayo and even some extra for dipping:

P5294155.jpg

Sunset at Clearwater Beach:

P5294148.jpg

Next, I was invited to Anna Maria Island for a few days, so again, the mini came along for the ride.

I made some duck breasts on the CI. Scored the skin and cooked it skin side down first, you want it to get all nice and brown before the flip:

P6014186.jpg

A friend swore he didn't like duck, but he tasted it, and he is now a duck convert!

What's not to like?

P6014189.jpg

I brought filets, cut them nice and thick~

P6014191.jpg

Forgot to bring my Thermapen!! Yikes!! But still cooked them to a perfect medium rare somehow on the 550 degree mini!

P6014192.jpg

I melted some Danish blue cheese for just a minute, then served with a port wine reduction drizzled over top~

P6014193.jpg

Served along with some ghostly looking white asparagus, rare to find them in the store here~

P6014190.jpg

A bird was hanging around the dock smelling the smoke~

P6024195.jpg

Someone spent some time making this mailbox look very Florida like!

P6024198.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments