Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A new Griddle Q question.

Options
milesofsmiles
milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked burgers for the crew at work today. They were moist and cheesy. My question is, after the clean up shouild I rub some veggie oil on the griddle like I do my woks? Thanks for the info. Ronnie. :):):)

Comments

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I believe the Griddle Qs are made with 400 series stainless. Dry it right after washing and keep it in a dry place, similar to your stainless kitchen equipment. Moisture is not its friend.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • milesofsmiles
    Options
    Thanks Tom, I sure enjoy the Med. Woo II & the Spider Rig for the Lg. Great quality. Ronnie. :):):)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    correct answer there - keep it dry BTW did you get the new round one or the square one like Spring Chicken and I have?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    Your biz and support are appreciated! ;)

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    After a cook on my Griddle Q's (I have two) I clean it as good as possible (reasonable) with the water and scrub pad, and wipe dry. It is usually still warm enough to dry completely on its own. The next time I use it I first spray the cook surface with Pam. That alone makes clean-up easier.

It will get a bit funky after a bit depending on what you cook. When it gets too dirty I lay mine in my outside utility sink and spray it good with oven cleaner. Let it set until most of it comes clean with a green scrub pad. If there are some stubborn spots I may spray again but it's usually not necessary.

After that I might use a little Barkeeper's Friend on it, rinse it a few times with soapy and clear water, wipe it down and put it away.

I think the best way to keep it clean is to immediately clean it after the cook is finished. If you let it cool on its own, it is a real struggle to clean it.

You will figure these things out as you go along. It really isn't a big deal.

The fun part is cooking on it.

By the way, here's a couple of videos of some of my early cooks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwgBFY042J0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKvsFSKMvPE

There are plenty of videos on Griddle Q's site.

Spring "Nothing To Griddle Q'ing" Chicken
  • milesofsmiles
    Options
    Once again, Thanks. Eggers are very helpful. The G-Q is the new round one. It dosen,t take but one cook to make it look well used. The crew liked the burgers, as for me I tried the jucy lucy made famous by the forun members. :):):):) Ronnie.
  • davehemp
    davehemp Posts: 109
    Options
    "There are plenty of videos on Griddle Q's site"

I can't seem to find their site, Google even just has other sites that sell them - but no round one...Amazon has 2 rectangular models, but no round...where did you get it?
  • JCinNV
    JCinNV Posts: 141
    Options
    Try Little griddle innovations :):)