Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lessons Learned by a Newbie

Options
Anthony Up North
Anthony Up North Posts: 205
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Despite the good coaching given by all of you good people, I have learned much in a dozen sessions watching the smoke from the BGE. It seems none few can escape the world of hard knocks, though you all make the burden so much lighter. Thanks.[p]Mistakes:
Dropped my Daisy wheel on the concrete. Slightly cracked the gizzmo that holds the handle. Fixed it with J.?. Weld because the crack is not serious. (hope it holds) [p]Misread a recipe for grilling butterflied chicken direct. Good recipe. Chicken was tender and juicy and done to perfection. But it was charred because I forgot to add the oil to the marinade. Too anxious to start cooking. DUMB ME![p]Tim's Ribs. Wonderful recipe except I left them in too long. I did not adjust the time to my specific cut of meat. A little too dry.[p]And its tough to adjust the cooking times on the old Gas Grill to the BGE.[p]Successes
Char-Woody's steaks 2-2-5. Perfect. Transferred that to Center Cut Pork Chops and left them in a tad bit longer. Same outcome - superb.[p]JJ's Rub. Simply the tops.[p]Salmon - wonderful.[p]I will persevere with great joy. Next week - same menu with the intent of correcting my mistakes. My wife is patient. Stay tuned.[p]Sorry for the Long Post - but I can't contain my new found enthusiasm for the BGE and the people that own it.[p]Anthony Up North[p]

Comments