Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Forum Drama Club?

Options
124»

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Oh the good old days! I remember it well and sure miss some of the eggers of days gone by.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    woodoggies, a man ahead of the times

discription of a liberal snowflake =)=)=)

~With every post, regardless of topic, the drama club member would attempt to steer attention back to himself while highlighting his infinite talents and boundless ego.

~The drama persona would easily take offense and respond with self-righteous fury..... think classical Shakespearean theater.

~Infighting .... very important... nothing physical... but **** slaps would be okey-doke .

~Beating a dead horse at every opportunity... with a dash of histrionics.... drama is the key word here.

~Strive for petty discourse and splitting of hairs to the nth degree over the minutiae of nothing.... this should be a cinch and drive the forum wild.

~Toss in a trifle of mean-spiritedness and name calling.... no need to go overboard, though... a little will go a long way and will likely leave a lasting impression..... more would probably do permanent damage.

~Blow most topics out of proportion and demonize those who disagree with your opinion... in character, your opinion will always be correct....

~The drama club character will lose himself in the infallible belief that he will, sure as Gibraltar, convince the other party of his argument by always posting The Final Word.

~Never ever, ever apologize.... can't stress it enough..... strike that word from your vocabulary... unless an apology is required from another forum character..... it only shows weakness and isn't nearly as dramatic as trashing others to distract from one's perceived faux pas.... perceived because a drama character would never make a mistake... the only mistake would be the others mistaken belief that your character did.
    (Last resort..... if your persona absolutely feels a need to apologize, in the name of theater, qualify it with a disclaimer.... i.e. "I'm sorry, but......")

~ Reacting!!!!.... ALWAYS react first..... knee jerk or otherwise.... very important.... thinking before posting simply isn't entertainment.....

~Ballyhoo arrogant, holier than thou nonesensicals and then kindly bestow them like little gifts to those who weren't aware they needed the priceless kernels of hooey in the first place..... you know, a Jekyll and Hyde tragicomedy kinda thing.

Lastly and probably most importantly.....

~Treat people on the forum in a manner that you would never dream of treating people in the real world.... unless you choose, at your peril, to stay in character in the real world.... but that's not recommended.

~Utterly losing sight, or choosing to ignore, the reasons why people come to this forum in the first place....

Heh.  Here I was thinking it actually sounds like our current President =)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options

~With every post, regardless of topic, the drama club member would attempt to steer attention back to himself while highlighting his infinite talents and boundless ego.

~The drama persona would easily take offense and respond with self-righteous fury..... think classical Shakespearean theater.

~Infighting .... very important... nothing physical... but **** slaps would be okey-doke .

~Beating a dead horse at every opportunity... with a dash of histrionics.... drama is the key word here.

~Strive for petty discourse and splitting of hairs to the nth degree over the minutiae of nothing.... this should be a cinch and drive the forum wild.

~Toss in a trifle of mean-spiritedness and name calling.... no need to go overboard, though... a little will go a long way and will likely leave a lasting impression..... more would probably do permanent damage.

~Blow most topics out of proportion and demonize those who disagree with your opinion... in character, your opinion will always be correct....

~The drama club character will lose himself in the infallible belief that he will, sure as Gibraltar, convince the other party of his argument by always posting The Final Word.

~Never ever, ever apologize.... can't stress it enough..... strike that word from your vocabulary... unless an apology is required from another forum character..... it only shows weakness and isn't nearly as dramatic as trashing others to distract from one's perceived faux pas.... perceived because a drama character would never make a mistake... the only mistake would be the others mistaken belief that your character did.
    (Last resort..... if your persona absolutely feels a need to apologize, in the name of theater, qualify it with a disclaimer.... i.e. "I'm sorry, but......")

~ Reacting!!!!.... ALWAYS react first..... knee jerk or otherwise.... very important.... thinking before posting simply isn't entertainment.....

~Ballyhoo arrogant, holier than thou nonesensicals and then kindly bestow them like little gifts to those who weren't aware they needed the priceless kernels of hooey in the first place..... you know, a Jekyll and Hyde tragicomedy kinda thing.

Lastly and probably most importantly.....

~Treat people on the forum in a manner that you would never dream of treating people in the real world.... unless you choose, at your peril, to stay in character in the real world.... but that's not recommended.

~Utterly losing sight, or choosing to ignore, the reasons why people come to this forum in the first place....

i do believe ive told you this before...trump is a democrat in disguise;) makes us both right =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

i do believe ive told you this before...trump is a democrat in disguise;) makes us both right =)
    I love hearing this line from conservatives, actually, because it's the surest sign they're abandoning him in droves.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @bgebrent has now read the ENTIRE forum. Damned overachiever!
    Blind.....just for you.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    Options

I love hearing this line from conservatives, actually, because it's the surest sign they're abandoning him in droves.
    i told you this last summer before i found out he was perfect for this job
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

I am sure, fish, that this comment makes sense inside of your head.  Outside?  Not so much.
  • fishlessman
    Options

I am sure, fish, that this comment makes sense inside of your head.  Outside?  Not so much.
    =) inside my head, not so bad. outside im just in a boat. oh wait, was that a dig, maybe an insult,   you drama club queen =)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

=) inside my head, not so bad. outside im just in a boat. oh wait, was that a dig, maybe an insult,   you drama club queen =)
    LOL - I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say half the time.  That's not an insult, it's just the truth.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    :smiley:
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • fishlessman
    Options
    =) thats too bad, the right dont get it either =)  thats the problem
    fukahwee maine

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @northgacock thank you my friend :)
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options

It makes sense if you don't think about it.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Not reading this thread is like trying not to look at a car wreck.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Not reading this thread is like trying not to look at a car wreck.
    Or a gaping anus ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited June 2017
    Options

LOL
    You need counseling.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

LOL
    You need counseling.

I have tried it. It doesn't seem to help ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.