Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribeye and Lobster

Options
Long week at work and a long weekend getting projects done in the yard. 

And I broke my plate setter with my new removal tool...POS. Broke my heart a little. 

But it ends on a good note. Reverse Sear Ribeye, salted and sat for an hour and a little Cowlick. Served with garlic herb butter. 

Then tossed on a little lobster tail on for about 12 minutes as well with a little oil, salt, and Old Bay. Finished caveman to try it out. Turned out pretty well. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Perfection !!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Very nice. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    That whole plate looks fantastic. Sorry to hear about the platesetter, but if a meal like this doesn't help you feel better I don't know what will.
    Stillwater, MN
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    As you are well aware brother killit, lobster automatically earns the SGH SOA. Lobster + Ribeye earns the Double Seal of Approval. 

My kind of meal right there.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited March 2017
    Options
    SGH said:
    As you are well aware brother killit, lobster automatically earns the SGH SOA. Lobster + Ribeye earns the Double Seal of Approval. 

My kind of meal right there.  
    Thank you, thank you all. 

I would like to thank God, my family who endured many average meals while I worked on my craft, the forum for inspiration...

And my sponsors. BGE, Costco, Rockwood charcoal, Kickash, @RRP Rutland gasket, and a special thanks to the good people at Knob Creek.  ;)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    edited March 2017
    Options
    can't beat that meal with a stick.  little clapping man icon won't work so just imagine it.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    And my sponsors. @RRP
    If I had half of his money I would sponsor everyone on the forum. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great cook brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     Nice meal! What tool broke the platesetter? Was it the design or user error?

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    CtTOPGUN said:
     Nice meal! What tool broke the platesetter? Was it the design or user error?

Jim

@CtTOPGUN

A little of both. It's not a stable option. I bought one on impulse off of Amazon for like $12. I should have paid for that little three pronged tool that's more stable. Now I will probably go with an adjuster or a woo since I'm already out the stone. It would probably work fine if you held it with a glove while you were holding the piece.

Usually I set everything on the ground next to where my Egg is but I had just seeded and had the sprinkler going so I thought, "if I'm not paying attention and water gets over here that thing will get wet and crack."

So I walked it across the concrete with just the tool and me not touching it and...well...that's the story on that one. 

At least I get to justify an upgrade now.

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Great cook, very sorry about the plate setter. That is such a bummer. Mine also broke last year. My dealer covered mine on warranty.
    Yours might have had a pretty existing crack?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @YukonRon I will ask today. But my dealer (who I didn't buy the Egg from so not a lot of commitment) just ordered me a new firebox. So we will see. 

South of Nashville, TN