Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Baltimore pit beef

Options
I finally got around to making brother @Eggcelsior recipe.  I even did his tiger sauce. Everything came out awesome. I need to put this into regular rotation. Thanks eggcelsior. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I'd hit that for sure. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Nailed it!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Agreed. I first had it at Brisket Camp a few months back, and had a go at it myself a month or two ago - amazing. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I still remember that tiger sauce. Looks like you nailed it. 

Could you post the recipe?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Nicely done sir!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Well done.  Been on my list for awhile.  I need to get off my ass and do something with my life.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    caliking said:
    I still remember that tiger sauce. Looks like you nailed it. 

Could you post the recipe?
    Here is @Eggcelsior's recipe he sent me for both the Pit Beef and the Tiger Sauce:
    • For the meat, take a sirloin roast/cap and season it with: 
      1 part black pepper
      1 part salt
      1/2 part of each:
      garlic powder
      paprika
      chile powder
      oregano
      onion powder
      1/4 part cayenne or to taste(I go with 1/2 part)

All that is scale-able, based on how much meat you are doing. I did just under 10 lbs, so 1 part was around 1/4 cup

For the tiger sauce:
      1 cup mayo
      1 cup horseradish
      3 tbsp lemon juice
      4-5 garlic cloves
      s&p to taste
      cayenne to taste
      creole or old bay seasoning, around 1/2 tsp or eliminate salt and go with more to taste.

Make the tiger sauce and let it sit overnight for best flavor

Rub the beef and place in a food saver bag then SV for 12-16 hours at 131.
      Dry the meat after the bath, reserving the juices. Keep the juices warm on the stove serve with the meat. Sear the meat on all sides for 30 sec to 1 min each until you get the appearance you like(since the meat is already cooked). Slice thinly and serve with thin sliced onions on a kaiser-like roll or crusty bread.

If you don't have a SV, I'd recommend reverse searing the meat. Traditionally, it is grilled direct over medium high heat using top or bottom round until medium rare in the middle. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    It's amazing.  Your's looks great!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Seapointbakers
    Options
    being from Baltimore as well. Instead of making the tiger sauce I like spreading mayo on the bun then using just prepared horseradish on top of the beef. Either way you can't go wrong.
  • HCOJ
    HCOJ Posts: 14
    Options
    Being from Maryland, I love pit beef and that looks awesome.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    edited January 2017
    Options
     after sliced I have enough for sandwiches a few more times this week. Came out cheaper than deli lunch meat. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Great looking samwhich right there.  Thanks for sharing.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va