Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I used 1.3ozs of lump

Options
Cooking wings in the large.  Of course the 1.3ozs was used up during lighting  but I had plenty of leftover RW from the previous cook. Lol. 

Wings cooked 425° raised direct   Rubbed with Swamp Venom & Jamacian Firewalk.  Lightly brushed with Franks wing sauce towards the end.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Man those look good!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    :rofl:

our boys it's in rare form 
  • tikigriller
    tikigriller Posts: 1,389
    Options

I was actually a little disappointed to open the thread and only see it was about food.  :lol

I do need to seriously work on my presentation skills though.  those wings look absolutely incredible.

How much do they weigh though?

Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Even carefully cut celery to match the magic plate.  Damn.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Great cook and presentation.  Trolling for some Friday night entertainment?  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options

I was actually a little disappointed to open the thread and only see it was about food.  :lol

I do need to seriously work on my presentation skills though.  those wings look absolutely incredible.

How much do they weigh though?

Wasn't really as concerned about the food as I was lump consumption. At least I posted a pic of "said" food cooked.  Lol

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    Options

Legume said:
    Even carefully cut celery to match the magic plate.  Damn.
    47.2576354° cut off.  Only the best for you guys!!  

analyze adapt overcome

• BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options

To heck with it, I'm making btu's tonight. Dunno how much I'm going to burn and have better things to do with my time then fret over it. 

Now, the real question is, did you make enough for everyone. Those wings look amazing. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • Mattman3969
    Options

lousubcap said:
    Great cook and presentation.  Trolling for some Friday night entertainment?  ;)
    What do you mean kind sir?   :o

analyze adapt overcome

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Great looking wings! 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    BilZol said:

To heck with it, I'm making btu's tonight. Dunno how much I'm going to burn and have better things to do with my time then fret over it. 

Now, the real question is, did you make enough for everyone. Those wings look amazing. 
    I'm home by myself for a bit tonight.  Plenty O wings were cooked, even had 2 LO wings.  

analyze adapt overcome

• BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    BilZol said:

I'm home by myself for a bit tonight.  Plenty O wings were cooked, even had 2 LO wings.  
    Left over wings?!?!?! Not when they look like that. No such thing. Say it ain't so. I did @Florida Grillin Girl 's Crabby inspired cook tonight for six. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    Hers looked awesome.  Any pics of yours?

analyze adapt overcome

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I think you plugged in 3.14 for your value of pi. You are wrong on your calculations. You gotta use 22/7. Carry it out 10 decimal points; 3.1428571429. C'MON Man!
    Awesome cook!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky