Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I suckered Yeti.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
You know, Yeti is pretty darn good at suckering or taking folks money. However today I got lucky. I walked into a local sporting goods store and was number 5,000 through the door today. As such I was given a 200 dollar shopping coupon to spend on either Dawia or Yeti products. My guess is they are the two who sponsored the give away. As such, I rounded up some Yeti cups and lids. I left with this and a 2 dollar and a few cents credit. 

For the record, if I had Rons money I would have bought every cup in the store and not gave it a second thought ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice damned score Scottie!  Good for you!  They must of thought you were @Lit! ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Awesome....I've never won anything !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• SGH
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    Awesome....I've never won anything !!!

I haven't either my friend. However my wife has won a couple of pretty cool things since we have been married.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Is there a lotto drawing coming up for forum members? Where do I pick up my ticket.....nice score.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Well ain't the cats @ss! Congrats on the score.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,224
    Options
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,674
    Options
    Winner winner chicken diner!

Options
    Nice score, Scottie!  I'd love a door prize like that!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Nice haul.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Congrats! Those lowballs look nice.
  • Golfguy77
    Golfguy77 Posts: 93
    Options
    Nice score!  I bet the drinks taste better out of FREE Yeti!
  • SGH
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    Congrats! Those lowballs look nice.
    I haven't used them yet, but I really like the looks and feel of the lowball. Bet it will make a killer cup for both coffee and Jack & Coke. I'm kind of wishing that I would have 6 lowballs instead of the 3 20oz. 

Status- Standing by.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Maybe a new song? Nice score
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,915
    Options
    that's way cool!!! Congrats! BTW my better half is the lucky one here also - she wins stuff, but I pay for stuff!
  • SGH
    Options
    Lit said:
    Thanks buddy. I don't know if you already have one or not, but these little lowballs are very nice. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    RRP said:
    she wins stuff, but I pay for stuff!
    I feel your pain here my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,182
    Options
    Very cool!  Yeti products are some of my very favorite.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,485
    Options
    @SGH -  I did go over to the Yeti lowball dark side late last Sep.  That container has only performed with bourbon other than a capacity test for a 12 oz beer-which it passed.  So, you will be just fine with the Jack and coke.  Someone mentioned a concern about the bourbon picking up a metallic taste-have not experienced it but don't let the bourbon sit idle for long either.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    @SGH    Well played Sir.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • SGH
    Options
    Very cool!  Yeti products are some of my very favorite.
    Brother Ozzie, I almost hate to admit this, but I really like Yeti products myself. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @SGH - Nice score. I have the Yeti 30, 20, Colster, and Lowball. During the week, the 30 is for water and the 20 is for coffee. On the weekends the 30 is for beer and the 20 is for cocktails. The Colster is well, for when I don't feel like pouring the beer into something else, and the lowball is for whiskey whenever. Enjoy your haul.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Lit said:
    I like your idea!  Scottie is a master song writer.  A song about getting RTIC products for a fair price and winning Yeti products and all the meetings with counsellors helping him decide...
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    DMW said:
    @SGH - Nice score. I have the Yeti 30, 20, Colster, and Lowball. During the week, the 30 is for water and the 20 is for coffee. On the weekends the 30 is for beer and the 20 is for cocktails. The Colster is well, for when I don't feel like pouring the beer into something else, and the lowball is for whiskey whenever. Enjoy your haul.

Just curious, never have poured beer in my 30.  I'm assuming you are just pouring canned/bottled beer in and its good?

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• bgebrent
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    DMW said:

Just curious, never have poured beer in my 30.  I'm assuming you are just pouring canned/bottled beer in and its good?
    YES!  Try it.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    DMW said:

YES!  Try it.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    DMW said:

Yep, holds two beers with room for head.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    Options
    DMW said:
    EGGjlmh said:
    DMW said:

I've never gotten enough head from my beers.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    DMW said:
    EGGjlmh said:
    DMW said:

Sounds like the perfect girl.