Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father's Day cook. what is Egg Nation doing?

Options
I picked up a prime wet aged T bone this AM from French's Meat Shoppe in Scottsdale (dont be fooled by the name...these guys are legit and are good midwestern rooted people) ...its not a snobbatorium but a small storefront that is old, clean and super functional.    $19 per lb for prime wet aged t bone that they cut to order.   Gorgeous piece of meat. I am ordering srf tomahawks later this summer for a special occasion as well but Frenchs is a go to spot when you want to get it the same day.....  This is where i get casings for sausage, briskets sometimes, and at times i have them grind up large quans of pork shoulder for me.   

Thinking surf n turf tomorrow nite....

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Prime ribeye and wild caught gulf shrimp for pops this year.
    Jacksonville FL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Father's Day cook here is non-negotiable; SRF brisket (black grade).  As great as the end-product is (even I have a hard time hosing up one of these), the journey is by far and away the best part.  Will trim and season Sat late PM and away we go Sunday AM.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nhk19
    nhk19 Posts: 151
    Options
    Salmon for my wife and her female friends. Ribs for myself and male friends.
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    nhk19 said:
    Eggcellent example of sexual dimorphism!!!
    Options
    nhk19 said:
    Solid!
    Egging year 'round in North Dakota
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Very nice. I've got a pretty good sized crew coming over. I'm running St Louis cut spares, beef plate short ribs, smoked mac & cheese, collards and a smoked banana pudding. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    With pork butts on sale for $.99/lb at Kroger, I believe we'll try burnt ends.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Two racks of ribs and some good sippin' bourbon.
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Dawgs8033
    Dawgs8033 Posts: 113
    Options
    Ribeye and grilled Tiger shrimp.
    LGBE, SBGE,Blackstone,Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe.
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Prime ribeyes, salad, and as much Tito's vodka as I see fit. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    venison smash burgers or ribs, dads decision. they are both gettin eaten this weekend anyways. just hoping he wants to go for salmon on the boat and not thos =) e stupid basses
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Thecoiman
    Thecoiman Posts: 134
    Options
    My son came up to work and we made burgers for the office

Garland, TX

2 Large, 1 Mini Max, 1 Mini
  • CheeseheadinAZ
    Options
    I picked up a prime wet aged T bone this AM from French's Meat Shoppe in Scottsdale (dont be fooled by the name...these guys are legit and are good midwestern rooted people) ...its not a snobbatorium but a small storefront that is old, clean and super functional.    $19 per lb for prime wet aged t bone that they cut to order.   Gorgeous piece of meat. I am ordering srf tomahawks later this summer for a special occasion as well but Frenchs is a go to spot when you want to get it the same day.....  This is where i get casings for sausage, briskets sometimes, and at times i have them grind up large quans of pork shoulder for me.   

Thinking surf n turf tomorrow nite....

@westernbbq  I may have to give that place a try...thanks for sharing...
  • CheeseheadinAZ
    Options
    Costco Members beware... On my way to pick up a brisket I walked past this case:

I may have to go back and get one.  
  • CheeseheadinAZ
    Options
    Since it's going to be 119 I decided a low and slow brisket. Tuck it in the cooler way before it gets hot out. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Don't you laugh now... :o but chili is what I want and that's what I am having! Pat says it's Father's Day 365 days a year and that's when I remind her Mother's day is too.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    Packer brisket, baby backs, corn on the cob, asparagus, and mac & cheese
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Chicken and ribs here. Can't wait to get up early and feed my fire!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    @BBQbuddy Very jealous!
    Austin, Tx
  • sheetmetalpete
    Options
    Prime ribeyes and planked brown trout here.  Dad requested the trout but I'm hoping I can entice him with crab stuffed salmon instead. 
    Glencoe, Minnesota
  • clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Options
    Attempting my first beef plate ribs!
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Attempting my first beef plate ribs!
    I have had great luck with plate ribs. Put up some pics when you are done
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • HelenGrace203
    HelenGrace203 Posts: 43
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ribeyes tomorrow for husband and FIL, pulled pork on Sunday for big family pool party.  Ribeyes with Oakridge Carne Crosta (good LORD that is a good rub) with grilled fries and aoili.   And something green -- haha. For FD, pork BBQ, today I picked up a 9# boston butt and I made an E Carolina vinegar sauce and Meathead's "grownup" mustard sauce.  Plus I picked up some of kid #2's favorite Mission BBQ sauce which they sell OTC -- "Smokey Mountain".   That's it from the meat side ;-)
  • HelenGrace203
    Options
    BBQBuddy, your photo makes me mourn selling our sailboat.  Good memories...
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Costco Members beware... On my way to pick up a brisket I walked past this case:

I may have to go back and get one.  
    Or a basket full! Holy balls!
  • NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    BBQBuddy said:
    I'm going yellowtail fishing off Islamorada with my Dad, so I'm very hopeful I'll be doing a whole yellowtail snapper.  Here we are.  He's 82 and I'm so happy I can do this with him on Father's Day!
    I love to do that. Had a friend that lived in tavenier for years who was a charter captain. He was really into yellow tailing. Did the secret chum with macaroni and sand to cloud the water. He could really put you on the fish. There were times that the water looked like it was boiling behind the boat with so many flag yellow tails. We would catch so many we would take them to a place on snake creek and sell them. Would make enough to pay for my vacation in two days if the conditions were right. I really miss that. Hope you have a great time!
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @NonaScott - Who was the Captain?  My parents live right there, oceanside between Tavernier and Snake Creek!  I haven't heard of mixing macaroni w/ sand.  We just mix chum, oats and sand.  They're biting if you can get down there!  Nothing like fresh yellowtail!
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    edited June 2016
    Options
    BBQBuddy said:
    @NonaScott - Who was the Captain?  My parents live right there, oceanside between Tavernier and Snake Creek!  I haven't heard of mixing macaroni w/ sand.  We just mix chum, oats and sand.  They're biting if you can get down there!  Nothing like fresh yellowtail!
    His name is Ron Green, Daytripper Charters. He lived on a deep water canal with direct ocean access. I haven't seen him in years. We lost touch after I got divorced. Last I heard he was building a house in the Bahamas. We actually won best boat at the blessing of the fleet one year. I hand painted all the banners. It was a blast. But he would take regular old elbow macaroni, cook it and add to the mix you listed. When we would gut the fish they would be full of macaroni.
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    @CheeseheadinAZ, which costco has that display case with the frenched tomahawks?   The one at 44th st and oak in phx does NOT have that kind of display

Frenchs ia on mcdowell rd just west of hayden.   Take the 101 to mcdowell, go west about 1.2 mi and its on south side of road.  Very easy to miss.   Just look for all the white meat vans out front.  They will bring you out the whole t bone roast and you show them how thick you want it cut.   Awesome people.