Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Austin local wagyu beef supplier

Options
The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
edited May 2016 in EggHead Forum
I have been looking for a good local wagyu supplier for a couple of years and now I have found one. I met these guys at the farmers market in my neighborhood today. They do 100% wagyu and have sold cows to snake river farms for them to cross breed with angus. Great guys and they are at 6 farmers markets throughout town every week. Just email or facebook them and they will take your order to any of the farmers markets they attend for you to pick up. They sell 100% of their strips and ribeye loins to The Driscoll hotel but they had some gorgeous meat at the market today. They do 12-15lb briskets for $100 and they looked incredible. I'll grab some in the next few weeks and let you know how it is. If its anywhere near as good as it looks I am in for a treat. http://www.rangercattle.com
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Thanks for sharing my friend. I may be able to take advantage of this. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options
    That marbling is marvelous 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Beautiful!

Salt & Time has some good wagyu as well.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Beautiful!

Salt & Time has some good wagyu as well.
    Thanks. I need to get back in there. Been a while. 
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Please.. this thread need to have a NSFW tag. That marbling is borderline pr0n.

Good lord. I'm hungry.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    That sounds like a great, great time. Cooking some great beef.. a few cold ones with our nations finest, and sharing some laughs in a beautiful place.

Wish I was still in the Ft. Hood area, I'd be down for that.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    Im in for a group buy if there's any more locals interested. Or to haul my egg for a cookout.
    Austin, Tx
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother Tex, thanks for sharing this. One can never have to many meat sources. However I would like to point out that I just tried to order from them and when I hit the "order now" button nothing happens. I'm suppose to be off next weekend and wanted to order one to try myself. However it's a no go when you hit the order button. If anyone has been able to order, please let me know what I'm doing wrong. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I noticed that too. He told me that he only sells at local markets and to restaurants right now. That is the next step. I'll grab you some if you want to try it. I have some SRF boxes I can ship it to you in. I'll try it in the next week and let you know but it looks incredible. Great guy too. 
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker I assume the farmer's markets are on Saturdays? I'll be in Austin off and on this summer - I'll have to find this guy. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker I assume the farmer's markets are on Saturdays? I'll be in Austin off and on this summer - I'll have to find this guy. 
    This one was today. In bee cave/Lakeway area. He says they do others thoughout the week. Just email him and he will tell you his schedule. He will bring whatever you want to the market closest to you. I asked him for a price list but have not heard back yet. 
  • SGH
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'll grab you some if you want to try it. I have some SRF boxes I can ship it to you in. 
    Brother that would be awesome if you don't mind fooling with it. I would like the biggest one that he has. Just let me know how much and where to send the money. I will gladly take whatever size is available. But if it's a option I would prefer one 20 pounds or larger. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SciAggie
    Options
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Brother Aggie was you able to order?

Status- Standing by.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Dang that marbling on those steaks! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @SGH I was just going to pick some up on my next trip into Austin. I didn't try ordering my friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @SGH I was just going to pick some up on my next trip into Austin. I didn't try ordering my friend. 
    Gotcha brother. 

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    I'll grab you some if you want to try it. I have some SRF boxes I can ship it to you in. 
    Brother that would be awesome if you don't mind fooling with it. I would like the biggest one that he has. Just let me know how much and where to send the money. I will gladly take whatever size is available. But if it's a option I would prefer one 20 pounds or larger. 
    He has a 30(!) lb brisket right now. Said he would sell it for $150 but sounded like he had some wiggle room. Said its the biggest he's ever seen. 
  • SGH
    edited May 2016
    Options
    He has a 30(!) lb brisket right now. 
    That's what I'm talking about. I will cook it right beside a 32 pound clod that I have waiting in the wing. If you don't mind, I'm going to give you a call around mid day tomorrow.  I really want to get one of those briskets. 

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'll take care of it. I'll go get it and send it as soon as I can. You can just send me a check when I know how much it all costs with the shipping etc. How fast do you need it? 
  • SGH
    Options
    Tex, if possible I would like to have it this Saturday. As soon as you know the price, shoot me a text with the amount and your mailing address and my wife will send the money right out.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    If you prefer, I can money gram it to Walmart and you will have the money instantaneous.  

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    Tex, if possible I would like to have it this Saturday. As soon as you know the price, shoot me a text with the amount and your mailing address and my wife will send the money right out.  
    On it. Just emailed him. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'll pack it in dry ice in a SRF cooler and box and send it to you. Text me your address 
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    On it. Just emailed him. 
    You are the man!!

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I'll pack it in dry ice in a SRF cooler and box and send it to you. Text me your address 
    He'll be visiting me this week so I'll just PM you my address. 

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    Brother Tex, I would like to point out that if I had Rons money I would buy everyone on the forum two of those briskets =) Sorry @RRP but I could not resist ;)

Status- Standing by.