Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA -Snake River Farms Flash Sale

Options
SRF has a flash sale going on select ribeye (Double R).  Buy one get one Free.  link is here:
http://www.snakeriverfarms.com  (No affiliation here).  
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Thanks Cap!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am grounded from snake river farms. 

I will say the RR stuff is not that special. Especially for the $$$. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    SRF has a flash sale going on select ribeye (Double R).  Buy one get one Free.  link is here:

Did you order any lousubcap?  I tried and the quantity never doubled.  I got all the way to actually making the click to pay and quantity stayed the same.  This poor old farmer was willing to pay the $92.00 for 8 SRF ribeyes, but not for only 4.  I cancelled out.  Kinda disappointed.

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I think the cowboy ribeye is a RR product.   I like it
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I am grounded from snake river farms. 

I will say the RR stuff is not that special. Especially for the $$$. 
    I find CAB to be as good or better than RR. And CAB Prime is absolutely better than RR. Both cost less
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Thanks for the post.  Will pass this time Niece and NIL will have 5 pigs ready for slaughter in the fall and we may be going in 1/2 on a red Beltie calf.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @FarmerTom -  I steered clear of this one as I have SRF brisket arriving this week.  SWMBO is okay with my forays into the SRF world as long as I am reasonable.  I don't know where the line is but as long as I'm on the  good side I'm fine.
    BTW-next time you have an issue with their on-line process, give them a call.  Extremely helpful and will get you on track. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TheRainMan
    TheRainMan Posts: 44
    Options
    I got in on 10 ribeyes for the price of 5.

Had their T-Bones - tasty (but almost zero tenderloin which was disappointing).

Looking forward to trying these out.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    FarmerTom said:
    lousubcap said:

Did you order any lousubcap?  I tried and the quantity never doubled.  I got all the way to actually making the click to pay and quantity stayed the same.  This poor old farmer was willing to pay the $92.00 for 8 SRF ribeyes, but not for only 4.  I cancelled out.  Kinda disappointed.
    Same thing happened to me
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I just call anymore and have them send confirmation via email. Had previous experience with online ordering.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • AEgger
    AEgger Posts: 23
    Options
    Someone mentioned CAB has better beef. Who is CAB?
    AEgger; griller of the house in NC; lg and sm egg
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Certified Angus Beef