Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Appropriate tribute to Glenn Fry.....on the Grammy's..........

Options
Take it Easy.......Glenn, you are missed greatly. I believe Glenn and Jackson Brown co-wrote it. Only apprpriate that Jackson joined the group for the tribute. Cheers!
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    That was great.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Robin, you are correct. Jackson Brown wrote the song.  Glenn and the Eagles heard it as JB wrote it and played it in an adjacent hotel room.  He gave them the song and The Eagles made it famous. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    aaaaaand the Bowie tribute sucks
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,512
    Options
    Bowie tribute hasn't played yet in MTZ.  The whole show has been flat, for me, so far except for the a cappella quickie tribute to Maurice White, by Stevie Wonder and some vocal group (Spectrasonics?).  That was pretty damn good.  

Hello Darkness, my old Friend,

I stood up too fast again...

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Glenn Frey was born in Motown and grew up in nearby Royal Oak, Mich.  The City of Royal Oak recently voted to rename a street Glenn Frey Drive.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I was trying to figure out who the heavy bald guy was on guitar. Didn't know if Meisner was still alive or if he would be invited. I said "maybe Bernie Leadon" to my wife but didn't think so. It was. Don't know why he wasn't on 5 string. Odd they didn't ask Felder to play

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Glenn Frey was born in Motown and grew up in nearby Royal Oak, Mich.  The City of Royal Oak recently voted to rename a street Glenn Frey Drive.
    Thanks for spelling the name correctly, anyone know how to get a message to a moderator to correct the spelling in the Title.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    Thanks for spelling the name correctly, anyone know how to get a message to a moderator to correct the spelling in the Title.
    As the original poster....my appologies for the misspelling. 

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    How should I interpret that response?
    I have a sneaky suspicion that your apology is not sincere as I feel you deliberately misspelled apology.  After all, the spell checker shows it isn't correct.  I know the spell checker can't catch the misspelling of Frey as some spell it Fry, some spell it Frye, and I know the time has expired for you to be able to correct the spelling in your topic title, hence my request to notify a moderator that could edit it out of respect for the deceased.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• northGAcock
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    Zmokin said:
    As the original poster....my apologies for the misspelling. 
    I have a sneaky suspicion that your apology is not sincere as I feel you deliberately misspelled apology.  After all, the spell checker shows it isn't correct.  I know the spell checker can't catch the misspelling of Frey as some spell it Fry, some spell it Frye, and I know the time has expired for you to be able to correct the spelling in your topic title, hence my request to notify a moderator that could edit it out of respect for the deceased.
    Honestly.....I am a horrible speller.  I intended no disrespect. I will try and do better.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    Zmokin said:
    Let me help you interpret his response.  @northGAcock is a music aficionado.  Never disrespecting of Glen Frey!  He was typing on a phone or tablet or whatever.  To question him and his intent and to inquire about a moderator puts you into the douche bag category.  Let's all invite more moderator input.  My friend, this is a BBQ forum and @northGAcock meant no disrespect.  Get over it.  Missing Glenn Frey!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    "Zmokin" actually should be spelled "Smoking", for the record.  Moderators!!!  Helloooo!!!  You out there buffallow Jr?!!!  Please correct this abhorrent disrespectful spelling of the verb with which Big Green Eggs induce cooking delicious flavors on our food!!!!
    Options
    geez @nolaegghead, you're such a purist about spelling
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    I was trying to figure out who the heavy bald guy was on guitar. Didn't know if Meisner was still alive or if he would be invited. I said "maybe Bernie Leadon" to my wife but didn't think so. It was. Don't know why he wasn't on 5 string. Odd they didn't ask Felder to play
    Frey and Felder have not got along for quite awhile. I'm thinking even if he was asked to join in the tribute, he probably said no thanks. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • northGAcock
    Options
    jabam said:
    Frey and Felder have not got along for quite awhile. I'm thinking even if he was asked to join in the tribute, he probably said no thanks. 
    I think Don Henley and Felder are still at odds.....so I think you are correct. I did see Don Felder open for someone last summer. I enjoyed his concert actually.

• jabam
    Options
    jabam said:
    I think Don Henley and Felder are still at odds.....so I think you are correct. I did see Don Felder open for someone last summer. I enjoyed his concert actually.
    I've always liked him as well. I thought I heard him say shortly after Frey's death, that he wished he had tried to mend fences, maybe he will with Henley. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Legume said:
    geez @nolaegghead, you're such a purist about spelling
    @Legume - I'm dyslexic and the worst speller on the forum.   I was just horsing around, sad attempt at drunken sarcasm.  I apologize.
    Options
    @nolaeggheadNo apology, I appreciated the irony.  I just wanted to say purist in a smokin thread.  Fry, Frey, we all knew who the original post was about.  Grammar police kill my soul slowly.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I saw the final show of the Eagles last tour, in Lexington, Kentucky. If memory serves me correctly it was in July, and the Eagles asked not to have the AC of Rupp arena used. They used portable air coolers on the stage, and in Kentucky, in July, it is upper 90's Low 100's F temp, and humidity is off the charts, even at night.
    It was easy to see and you could tell animosity for one another in the band was massive. As the event went on, certain members left the stage and did not reappear the rest of the evening. A couple of verbal jabs and sparring took place during the show.
    They were very ready to get the show over, not the best show of theirs by miles. In fact it was one of the worst I and My Beautiful Wife had seen, ever. We chose not to stay for encores, if there were any.
    Looking back, I was glad to have seen the Eagles performance with Glen Frey, but wish it did not end like it did.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jabam
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I saw the final show of the Eagles last tour, in Lexington, Kentucky. If memory serves me correctly it was in July, and the Eagles asked not to have the AC of Rupp arena used. They used portable air coolers on the stage, and in Kentucky, in July, it is upper 90's Low 100's F temp, and humidity is off the charts, even at night.
    It was easy to see and you could tell animosity for one another in the band was massive. As the event went on, certain members left the stage and did not reappear the rest of the evening. A couple of verbal jabs and sparring took place during the show.
    They were very ready to get the show over, not the best show of theirs by miles. In fact it was one of the worst I and My Beautiful Wife had seen, ever. We chose not to stay for encores, if there were any.
    Looking back, I was glad to have seen the Eagles performance with Glen Frey, but wish it did not end like it did.
    I saw them at the Cow Palace in San Francisco in '79. They were amazing, that was when they all still got along. It is sad they couldn't put their differences aside, because they were one of the best when they were on.