Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Mushroom thyme lentil pie and a Zucchini fudge cake

TinyfishTinyfish Posts: 1,753
edited January 2016 in Vegetables
Testing a recipe for the Guru challenge on another forum. 

A mushroom thyme and lentil pie.  I sautéed onions, carrots, mushrooms and garlic.  To that I added some thyme,  tomato paste and sherry and cooked till soft. To thicken the mixture I added some corn starch. I added the mixture to ramekins and topped with puff pastry.  I cooked these at 400f for about 15 minutes. 

Now for the zucchini fudge cake.  I mixed butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, instant coffee, coco powder and flour then I added the shredded zucchini.  I added this mixture to a baking dish and topped with chocolate chips, chopped pecans and vanilla sugar.  Baked at 350f for about an hour.

Here is the zucchini fudge cake

The both all plated up

Comments

• those look great.  i honestly thought the title was referring to ONE dish (viz:
    mushroom thyme lentil pie zucchini fudge cake
    :)
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• jpakmajpakma Posts: 37
    That looks fantastic! 
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 13,245
    Very unteresting
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 6,960
    I would eat both.  Way to mix it up!!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 8,808
    Brother, you need to come by for a visit so I can help you with technique.  Yours is a little rough around the edges, although I'd eat it.  Very nice brother Tiny!
  • TinyfishTinyfish Posts: 1,753
    @Darby_Crenshaw I fixed the title. Thanks
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 8,797

This the best cook I've seen this weekend... maybe this week.

Recipes please?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Darby_CrenshawDarby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited January 2016
    no need to fix the title, man.  i thought it was intriguing!

(didn't even know you could change a title)
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 6,707
    Why is there no bacon?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TinyfishTinyfish Posts: 1,753
    YukonRon said:
    Why is there no bacon?
    Had to be a meatless dish.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 8,797
    Thanks @Tinyfish . i have a few vegetarian friends (grandfathered in - I don't befriend vegetarians), so this would be a nice cook for them. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 4,480
    That is beyond awesome...You will win hands down..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....