Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turk Breast

Options
brined for 12 hours in 1 cup salt 1 cup sugar gallon of water. Rubbed with honey hog. Cooked indirect 2.45 at 325. Pretty good bird! 
Brandon, MS

Comments

• TrailRunner
    Options
    Looks great. I did a breast too
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @loveTheEgg -Mighty fine looking bird my friend. Happy Thanksgiving. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• loveTheEgg
    Options
    You too sir! Your brine worked great! First time I had ever brined and will for sure do it again! 
    Brandon, MS
  • SGH
    Options
    You too sir! Your brine worked great! First time I had ever brined and will for sure do it again! 
    Glad to hear that it worked out my friend. That's actually just a very standard brine. Probably been used since ancient times. However, sometimes the simple stuff is hard to beat. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Great color on that bird. I bet those veggies were tasty too!
  • SGH
    Options
     I bet those veggies were tasty too!
    I could eat the whole pan =)

Status- Standing by.