Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Chili and Beer Bread

Options
Just used up the last little bit of brisket I had leftover from Halloween day.  This was by no means an award winning chili (or maybe it was....I dunno), but it was very good.  I never really stick to one particular recipe.  I have a short attention span and somewhat impatient, so I'm usually just using whatever I have in the house and winging it.   =)  

The dimensions were something like this:   About 1 lb Ground Beef, 1/2 lb leftover and diced smoked brisket, 1 small onion diced, 1 small green bell pepper diced, 1 jalapeño seeded and diced, 1 big can crushed tomatoes, 1 reg sized can tomato sauce, 1 reg sized can petite diced tomatoes slightly drained, 1 reg sized can strained light red kidney beans, 1 reg sized can strained black beans, about 1.5 TBSP chili powder, 1 packet Ole El Paso low sodium Taco Seasoning, a little bit of S&P to taste, and 1 bottle of Highlands Brewery Black Mocha Stout.  

Picked up a pre-made beer bread mix from a local business at the Highlands Brewery in Asheville yesterday and gave it a go tonight. I believe the bag read "Mimi's Chili Pepper Beer Bread" or something like that.  It was very good.  The Highlands Stout shined really well in the chili too.  

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Looks great; especially on a cold wet night like tonight. My favorite part of making chili is when it's time to add the beer!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,795
    Options
    Brother that looks incredible. Great pics as well. I feel that the Brisket Gods are smiling down from above again. Awesome job man :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Dam that looks good!!
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,795
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
     This was by no means an award winning chili

It wins this award:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• EggObsessed
    Options
    That looks great!  It's definitely starting to be the perfect time of year for that.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Looks mighty fine to me!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice, I love brisket chili.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I think I told you I just made some a week or so back. Got a few bags frozen for a rainy day. Hell that's every day right now. Looks great as always. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Chili. Love it on everything! Great looking cook!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Very nice. Been craving chili for a week. Damnit. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • frognot
    frognot Posts: 103
    Options
    Looking good there. Used to never have leftover brisket but since my son moved away it's becoming more common so there's several lbs vac-packed waiting to be converted into chili.
    Also been craving chili but the fridge is busted so all food moved to beer fridge. So have warm beer and no chili because my math skills don't let me make a "small " batch.
    Fridge under warranty and new compressor wasn't the answer. Maybe it'll get fixed today.
    Allen, Texas          LBGE, Orange Thermapen (fastest and easiest to find)