Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Tonight

Options
 Pepperoni and Italian sausage  50/50  mozzarella and provolone cheese, I put it on the BGE at 500 dome and 5 minutes into the cook  I slid it off the pizza screen direct onto the pizza stone and added white cheddar cheese, cooked until yummy (I cook pizza until the bottom & top look like the top of a loaf of bread, Pizza on the BGE is the best.
Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    That does not suck. Well done. Very well done
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • PASmoke
    PASmoke Posts: 279
    Options
    That looks great....Love the stone. Well done brother! 
    Atlanta, GA - Large BGE x 2

• BIll-W221
    Options
    That's a good looking pie !!!!
  • Butchz
    Options
    Great combination of toppings.  I bet it tastes as good as it looks.
    Butch Festus MO
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    That looks excellent!
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Looks delicious! Interesting stone as well
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Well played, Chuck! I have yet to try a pizza screen, but this just may push me over the edge!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    RRP said:
    Well played, Chuck! I have yet to try a pizza screen, but this just may push me over the edge!

RRP said:

Back in the 70's I made pizza at the same place I still buy pizza dough/skin from, back then we used corn meal on a pizza peel and gently slide the pizza in to the oven and would clean the bricks with a long handle broom in between cooks. They switched to pizza screens 25 years ago when I got my BGE I got a couple screens and haven't regretted it. It's easy to build the pie right on the screen and it's sturdy enough to walk the pizza to the egg. It sure is easy, I cook the pie until it firm enough to slide right to the stone. 

Here are 2 more pics
  • BIll-W221
    Options
    Thank you for posting this info, I used a pizza screen for the first time tonight. It really is a handy little accessory. I removed the screen after 3 minutes and it slid right off the screen to the stone. 

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Great looking pizza!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    I have a pizza screen that I have never used. Going to give it a try now.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    edited September 2015
    Options
    BIll-W221 said:
    Thank you for posting this info, I used a pizza screen for the first time tonight. It really is a handy little accessory. I removed the screen after 3 minutes and it slid right off the screen to the stone. 

The pizza screen works great, A lot of pizza places use the screen for the entire cook, I typically take mine off the screen once the pizzas has firmed up. I have two pizzas screens and they work great together when making several pies.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother Magic, I missed this post when you first posted it. My apologies my friend. I have been on night shift for the past four weeks and ain't on the forum very much. But with that said, great looking pizzas my friend. Awesome job.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• smoke-n
    Options
    Have not done a pizza yet on the BGE but after  all these pics I think I might give it a shot this weekend.  Great looking pizza's