Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum-you now have to be signed in to see any threads-new today (7/13)

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,393
edited July 2015 in EggHead Forum
Following a morning forum hic-cup, in order to gain access to the forum you need to be signed in.  Of course, this won't do anyone any good who is not signed in and wondering what happened.  Always something...
Edit:  Forum search not functioning. 
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    They have either made it closed, got to be signed in to see, or this is a bug. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    They must have corrected the problem. I just signed out on my iPhone and was able to open and read posts. Tried it on several and different pages just to be sure. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnkitchens
    Options
    SGH said:
    They must have corrected the problem. I just signed out on my iPhone and was able to open and read posts. Tried it on several and different pages just to be sure. 
    Yep. It is working for me now as well. Must have been a bug. 

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    This really should be a private forum..... 

XLBGE 
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I probably wouldn't of become a BGE owner if that was the case. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    I probably wouldn't of become a BGE owner if that was the case. 
    I was an owner that didn't know the capabilities of the BGE. That would still be true without everyone on this forum that helps me push the limits.  I wouldn't have joined if I couldn't have previewed first.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    I purchased my first egg and then came here, but I know a lot of you did it in reverse. I certainly don't have a problem with an open forum. It lets all of those gassers see what they are missing out on! 

• luckyboy
    luckyboy Posts: 284
    Options
    I also bought my egg first before I found the forum. I couldn't get into the forum until I figured out that i need ed to register my egg first. I've learned alot in a few months. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    I'm all for the open forum.  More the merrier.  Glad the glitch was fixed...what next???
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • danmac
    danmac Posts: 30
    Options
    Without the open forum I would not have bought my egg..  I read a lot of post before I decided to join and then bought the egg.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    There's a lot of good info here for people before they buy. It takes a couple of weeks to a month for new members to be approved by the admin. If the forum were private, you would see a serious decline in views and new members. I did a lot of reading while waiting for approval and I couldn't ask any questions. If I had to wait and NOT been able to read threads, I would have gone on to other forums to find the info I needed.

Heck, I'm on the forum and I've been waiting over a week for one of my posts to my table build thread to be approved. It's just words and pictures uploaded to the forum. No telling when that will get approved. It's a good forum but there is a serious lack of active admin and moderators.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I find I cannot read any threads when I'm not connected to the interwebz.  WTF?!
    Options
    @Toxarch, try reposting your thread. I get  the messages about pending approval every once in a while. Never happens. If you have some links to websites, try removing them. If my posts or threads don't post immediately, I'll try again in about 15minutes. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming