Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bleu and Blues

Options
YukonRon
YukonRon Posts: 16,989
MBW scored some killer tickets to the final show of the tour for Johnny Lang and Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

"Any of y'all like the blues? Well you came to the to right place tonight." 
 Kenny Wayne Shepherd

We started the evening making Pizzas from some left over tri tip, and Bleu Cheese, raised indirect at 500F for 10 minutes, it was perfect.
Then we went to the show. If you have never seen either of these artists, live, you need to. Part of the show was tributes to Jimi, BBK, and SRV. (The drums were manned this evening by the percussionist from SRV-DT)
Great concert, killer blues, awesome food, great evening for me thanks to My Beautiful Wife!
Images of KWS:
One of the best shows I had ever seen.
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Love those blues and bleus !!

Great looking cook !!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sounds like a wonderful evening/night!

Was not sure about MBW until I read further down your thread. I like it! :clap: 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    It was my first try with pizza, the first one was absolutely perfect, so we made 2 more, equally as good, I was amazed, love my XL.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • CurtisMaximus
    Options
    I've not seen Kenny Wayne Shepherd or Johnny Lang live (yet) but have seen Joe Bonomassa. I highly recommend a JoeB show for avid and moderate blues-rock fans. JoeB did 60+ minutes acoustic then another 90+ plugged in. KWS and JL are on my list of 'must see'. 

Pizza looks on point too man, beef & blue is a great idea. Thanks for sharing!
    L BGE
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Sounds like a wonderful evening/night!

Was not sure about MBW until I read further down your thread. I like it! :clap: 
    Yeah, she is the princess. I love her dearly. I got up this morning and did a breakfast cook for her and her co-workers, for her meeting today. Smoked sausage, scrambled eggs, and Gruyere.
    packed those wrapped, in a cooler and 4 gallons of OJ. They were pretty good.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Rolling Stone Magazine was there. "Best blues show of the tour, best blues show of the year."
    K. Melody Towe.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • CurtisMaximus
    Options
    So this show is happening in February near me: Experience Hendrix. Check this lineup: Kenny Wayne Shepard, Johnny Lang, Eric Johnson, Zakk Wylde, Dweezil Zappa, Buddy Guy, Billy Cox, Keb Mo....and more. Are you kidding me?!
    L BGE
  • YukonRon
    Options
    So this show is happening in February near me: Experience Hendrix. Check this lineup: Kenny Wayne Shepard, Johnny Lang, Eric Johnson, Zakk Wylde, Dweezil Zappa, Buddy Guy, Billy Cox, Keb Mo....and more. Are you kidding me?!
    My gracious, that is awesome, you are going right?
    got Joe B in town Tuesday night. Got tix, going to the show. Paul Rogers will be with him doing the vocals. (Free and Bad Company)

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited November 2015
    Options
    YukonRon said:
     Paul Rogers will be with him doing the vocals. (Free and Bad Company)
    On of the true great vocalists for sure.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    Options
    SGH said:
    YukonRon said:
     Paul Rogers will be with him doing the vocals. (Free and Bad Company)
    On of the true great vocalists for sure.
    Joe Bonamassa's last album featured Paul Rogers. Great download if you like blues.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Saw Zac Brown Band Sunday night here in Austin, he always seems to find local talent to join him on stage, this time he brought Eric Johnson up to tore it up with them for a few songs including a long jam session and Comfortably Numb.  ZBB plays a fair amount of other material - this time around they hit Bohemian Rhapsody, Comfortably Numb, Into the Mystic, Let It Be, and Under the Bridge.  They did good - their own spin on some of them, but good show.  Eric Johnson was just nuts.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Legume said:
    Saw Zac Brown Band Sunday night here in Austin, he always seems to find local talent to join him on stage, this time he brought Eric Johnson up to tore it up with them for a few songs including a long jam session and Comfortably Numb.  ZBB plays a fair amount of other material - this time around they hit Bohemian Rhapsody, Comfortably Numb, Into the Mystic, Let It Be, and Under the Bridge.  They did good - their own spin on some of them, but good show.  Eric Johnson was just nuts.
    That is why I freakin' dig Austin. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    :rock_on: Yes Sir!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I love the blues.  Was fortunate enough to get to see SRV in 1983.   Still my all time favorite concert.   Joe B puts on a hell of a show now.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • Randall_Lee
    Options
    I wish I could be there for that one, Buddy Guy, Keb Mo, KWS some of my favs for sure,
    Niceville, Fl
  • CurtisMaximus
    Options
    Oh yeah, I'm making this show with some buddies for a guys night out and taking my 19 year old 'old soul' son with me for his surprise birthday gift. Also going to Joe B. in December.

I too saw SRV in 1984-85ish when he opened for Huey Lewis.
    L BGE
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

I too saw SRV in 1984-85ish when he opened for Huey Lewis.
    That's as upside down as I've seen.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Love me some Blues (both kinds)........catching me some Dead & Company tomorrow night in Greensboro. You can't beat great live entertainment except.......maybe a good TriTip.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow