Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's wrong w/ me, it's 1:47 am

Options
thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,357
And I'm starting a brisket cook.  I'll keep you posted as it goes.  Buy here goes. 
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• thetrim
    Options
    Here's a prep pic.  Heavily seasoned w salt and pepper w some tenderizer and seasoned salt thrown in
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    This is keepin me awake at this hour
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Well it is only 10:53 here, but that looks like it is worth getting busy in the middle of the night for. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    I'll keep you company.  I just put my brisket on.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • thetrim
    Options
    Boo yah
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac let's get it done.  I'm w you Brother!!!!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I swear I'm not trying to resesitate it!  Playing with a new pit controller.
  • apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    Looks good from here!
    Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    well boys....hows the progress?

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Dueling Briskets. Can it get any better

LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I'm sitting at 154 IT at hour 6

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    That's a beautiful sight in the morning.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• thetrim
    Options
    I can't keep my temp under 300 but here's the progress. I guess I'm goin' turbo w this SUCKA!!!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Turbo or not looking assume!
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Roll with it.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    You boys didn't sleep much!  Looking good. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    That beast is already at 210 in the point.  Dang. That was quick!   
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Money shot yet?  My flat is only 180.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Outstanding Steve!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL