Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF Brisket

Options
loveTheEgg
loveTheEgg Posts: 573
edited December 2014 in EggHead Forum
now that I have your Attn! :) 2 questions....

1- would it be OK to have the Brisket to arrive to me 6 days before I cook it? or would it be better to have it here the day before?

2. I will be scared to death to cook a 200 buck brisket for fear of ruining it. I have done many with very good success so my question is would i cook this one any different that i have the other 10-15 that I have cooked?

Thank you for any advice you can provide!

Merry CHRISTmas! 
Brandon, MS

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    It will be perfectly fine to arrive 6 days early. Won't hurt or affect a thing. Trust me when I say if you can cook select, choice or prime, you will have no trouble at all with the Waygu. It's the easiest to cook with out assing up. The well marbling makes it much more forgiving.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• loveTheEgg
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the response!
    Brandon, MS
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the response!
    As always, my pleasure.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• badinfluence
    Options
    I would say get it early as it will arrive frozen solid and packed in dry ice. And sounds like you ordered there gold class. Nice. You will enjoy it.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Only thing I would add is that when you start checking for "doneness" do so in the low 180's.  With the higher marbling, these tend to finish earlier than what you are likely used to.  Doesn't mean it will finish there but it can and you don't want to be late.  Some of the best eats you will ever have.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Just ordered my first from SRF.  When I asked my DIL what she wanted for Christmas she said 'Egg Meat'  I figured I'd treat her to a SRF Brisket and will also send her home with some pulled pork. 
    Options
    Tjcoley said:
    Just ordered my first from SRF.  When I asked my DIL what she wanted for Christmas she said 'Egg Meat'  I figured I'd treat her to a SRF Brisket and will also send her home with some pulled pork. 

keeper
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX