Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

50 cent yardbird

Options
Egging some of that 50% off chicken I picked up the other day. Also trying out my new leg hanger. Nothing special just some John Henry's rub and a couple small pieces of crabapple for a little smoke. Fried cabbage and mashed taters done inside to go with it. Piece of polish up front. Finished pics later.
imageimage

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me. I like the hanger as well. Standing by for the finale.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    Options
    Coming off da egg.

• SGH
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Looks like a first round knockout to me =D>

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I want a leg hanger now! Looks great!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    @sgh & @PNWFoodie‌ thanks. The leg hanger worked out really well.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Yes please!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    That looks great, now I need a leg hanger. All you folks make me spend all my money.
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Cabbage looks good to me....it all looks good to me, and I just finished my 2nd plate full !!!!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• shtgunal3
    Options
    Thanks guys, fried cabbage is one of my faves

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Great looking cook @shtgunal3.  I really like my leg hanger as well.

I've got two turkey breasts on the XL right now.  That's the problem with the BGE. Whenever an office luncheon comes up, you're requested to cook the meat!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• shtgunal3
    Options
    @YEMTrey‌ thanks . As long as they keep asking you to cook you know you are doing it right.

• SGH
    Options
    @shtgunal3‌- Looking at that hanger it looks like it would do well with country style ribs as well. Just a thought.

Status- Standing by.

• shtgunal3
    Options
    @sgh I thought about trying to hang the breast from it too but didn't have anything to hang them with.

• SGH
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    @sgh I thought about trying to hang the breast from it too but didn't have anything to hang them with.

If you ever try country style ribs on the hanger, let me know your thoughts. I hang them on hooks with great results. I don't see why your hanger couldn't achieve the same affect.

Status- Standing by.

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Run a skewer thru them all and hang it up over the rungs of the hanger. Gotta get one of those leg hangers. Could be fun.
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    @theyolksonyou‌ that's a good idea with the skewer. You could hang all sorts of stuff doing that.

• bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    Looks great. My wife generally doesn't like drumsticks, but she loves them on a hanger in the Egg.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• shtgunal3
    Options
    Thanks @bodski the breasts were for me and the wife and the drums for the kids.

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    What does the hanger do? Other than possibly save space?
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    @ads75‌ honestly I don't really know. I do know it was easier than having to flip and worry about even cooking or not burning on one side or the other. With this you just load it up, chunk it in the egg, and let it go until desired temp.