Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I made a mess.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Doing a stuffed tenderloin for supper tonight. I haven't tied one in a while as more often than not I jetnet them. Being out of net I was forced to tie. That said, I know now why I'm so fond of the Jetnet. Much easier for sure. As sad as it looks, here it is. A simple stuffing of cream cheese, jalapeños, bell pepper, white onion small shrimp and last but certainly not least, bacon. Going indirect at 375 degrees until the internal is in the 133 degree arena. For the rub, nothing special just salt, pepper, cayenne and a hit of Weber spice. Makes a great combination.
imageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    It all looks the same in the end. all about the taste.
  • SGH
    Options

It should ultimately make a pretty turd ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited November 2014
    Options
    SGH said:

It should ultimately make a pretty turd ;)
    You can splay out and pound three or four of those puppies together to get more stuffing in eh?

P1030597.jpg
    )

Oh dammit

( http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/874776/hoggza-tenderloin )

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SGH
    Options
    Going on the smoker on a pecan split.
    imageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Your screw ups would be considered a home run at my house! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SGH
    Options
    Your screw ups would be considered a home run at my house! 

You are to kind my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    You had me at jetnet.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • SGH
    Options
    You had me at jetnet.

I'm ordering more jetnet tonight. This tying is a pain!! The jetnet has spoiled me for sure!!

Status- Standing by.

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Can;t wait for the final shots.  Hope you don't mind but this is a little off topic.  Where do you get the jetnet and when you remove the netting do you see the bark being pulled off also?
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    @SGH where do you get your Jetnet?

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SGH
    Options
    @jcaspary‌- I'm in pretty good with our local butcher and usually pick up some net from him. However with the holidays approaching I'm going to go ahead and order a good bit tonight just to be sure. I order it from jetnetcorp.com. Yeah you lose a little bark depending on what you are cooking. However if you are not cooking competition the little that you lose is more than made up for in ease of use. I use it religiously my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @SGH where do you get your Jetnet?

jetnetcorp.com my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

Status- Standing by.

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I picked up 10' for  $1.50 from my butcher. It does work well !!

I like it for stuffed chickens too.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• SGH
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    I picked up 10' for  $1.50 from my butcher. It does work well !!

I like it for stuffed chickens too.

For chickens its unbeatable. I use it on everything that I stuff. It takes the work out of it and it hides cutting errors. Not that I ever make errors with a knife ;)

Status- Standing by.

• EggObsessed
    Options
    @SGH:  I went and looked at their website.  Exactly which type do you use for things like pork tenderloins and stuffed chicken thighs?  Thanks for your help!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    Another great looking cook @sgh.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Done.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Looks great but...what the heck kind of blade is that in the background, a machete??
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • tjosborne
    Options
    Looks good, do you have sliced pics?
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • SGH
    Options
    @EggObsessed‌
    For tenderloins I prefer the 5 stitch cotton 3" diameter tube type. That's just my preference. I'm looking for the box of netting that I have been using for chicken. Will post a pic of it for you.

Status- Standing by.

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    That looks really good.  Enjoy...
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • SGH
    Options
    CPARKTX said:
    Looks great but...what the heck kind of blade is that in the background, a machete??

That is a Victorinox 14" breaking knife.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    tjosborne said:
    Looks good, do you have sliced pics?

I will post some sliced in a little while. Cooking some pork steak and chicken to go with the tenderloin.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    CPARKTX said:

Here is the complete set of breakers. A 14", 12", 10", and a 8". All by Victorinox.image

Status- Standing by.

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    I like your style brother man! Looks great!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Looks good brother.  Here is a good video on the tie.

Nice Victorinox collection.  Are you a farmer, or hunter?  You must handle some serious protein. 

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    You can make a "mess" for me anytime! Looks great.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    @Focker‌- We raised hogs and goats for most of my life. Not any longer. However I do a little home butchering still. I process deer for a lot of my friends. Goats and hogs as well. Can't handle whole beef carcass as well as I once could due to my hands. But I will cut up a beef carcass occasionally for folks.

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The First Rule of Big Green Eggdom is NO Stuffed Tenderloin will be cooked with-out BACON! I am sorry buddy but it is my duty to call @henapple‌. He is not going to be happy.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.