Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ribs - Bovine and Swine

DMWDMW Posts: 12,159
So we were having friends of my wife over tonight and I was enlisted. I picked up some Plate Short Ribs and SLC spares from Restaurant Depot this week.

Setup the XL with Fogo lump and a mix of oak and cherry chunks. I used Big Bad Beef Rub on the Plate and Memphis Dust on the SLC spares, both rub recipes from amazingribs.com.

Ran at 225*-250*. Plate ribs went on around 8:00AM and came off around 4:00PM. The SLC were added around 11:00AM and finished around 5:30.

I also did a chicken on the small and some stuffed mushrooms and jalapenos were on the XL for a couple hours for apps.

None of that stuff really mattered. The plate ribs were fan-freaking-tastic. Best thing ever. They weren't cheap, but oh so worth it. Pictures tell the rest of the story.

Cheers.

Oh yeah, I baked some bread this afternoon too.

My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle

Comments

• NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,840
    @DMW‌ A wanna party w/ U!

Chicks Dig Me - Stripes (4/8) Movie CLIP (1981) HD:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DMWDMW Posts: 12,159
    @NPHuskerFL Just let me know when you are coming north to tour Yuengling.
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
    :!! Hell to the ya! I don't leave the Sunshine State much but, I assure you I'd do that in 1/2 of a nanosecond! B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    Wow!!!
    They look great!
  • SGHSGH Posts: 23,996
    Bovine and swine sure is looking fine! Excellent job. The bread looks pretty tempting as well. Solid all around.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,495
    DMW said:

If huskers coming I am too. That'd be a party. \m/
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
    Jeremiah said:

DMW said:

If huskers coming I am too. That'd be a party. \m/
    Eff ya! I'm thinking Yuengling non stupor stop B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    And that's all she wrote. Night folks.

Morgantown, PA

• cazzycazzy Posts: 9,058
    Looks great DM!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    @hapster @SGH @NPHuskerFL @cazzy Thanks!

I'm just really glad I have 3 more slabs of these plate ribs in my freezer now. Planning my Labor Day Weekend party menu and these are definitely included.

Morgantown, PA

• jcasparyjcaspary Posts: 1,479
    What no wings...LOL!!!!  Nice job all around.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,257
    @dmw - you are pretty good with the bread. I have to try it one day. 

How far are you from the MD/PA line? Im about 25 mins from the PA line.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 4,596
    Awesome looking all round..I like the idea of the plate ribs.Need to start looking. 
    ^:)^
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
    @Gatabites - Get the book Flour Water Salt Yeast. The ingredients are cheap and even when it doesn't turn out pretty, it still tastes good.

I'm about an hour from the MD line, but a bit east of you. About 1hr 45min it looks like, but that would all depend on traffic on 83.
    Morgantown, PA