Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs - Bovine and Swine

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
So we were having friends of my wife over tonight and I was enlisted. I picked up some Plate Short Ribs and SLC spares from Restaurant Depot this week.

Setup the XL with Fogo lump and a mix of oak and cherry chunks. I used Big Bad Beef Rub on the Plate and Memphis Dust on the SLC spares, both rub recipes from amazingribs.com.

Ran at 225*-250*. Plate ribs went on around 8:00AM and came off around 4:00PM. The SLC were added around 11:00AM and finished around 5:30.

I also did a chicken on the small and some stuffed mushrooms and jalapenos were on the XL for a couple hours for apps.

None of that stuff really mattered. The plate ribs were fan-freaking-tastic. Best thing ever. They weren't cheap, but oh so worth it. Pictures tell the rest of the story.

Cheers.

Oh yeah, I baked some bread this afternoon too.

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments