Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A few rainbow trout filets....

Options
anzyegg
anzyegg Posts: 1,104
Figured I'd get a few trout filets grilled tonight for the wife and me. Finally got in my 5 mile walk because it cooled down to 90 degrees today....image

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    Looking good thus far! Bring it on home brother ! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm, very nice
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    looks good from here.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    How are the bones on the filets when you grill them? I always cure and smoke mine due to the bones. I've never just grilled them up.
    NW IOWA
  • anzyegg
    Options
    Thanks guys. There really were no bones Philly35, although it wasn't a whole fish grilled. Next up a few sausages because I'm still a bit hungry....
  • SGH
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    Looks like a winner to me. Excellent job!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• anzyegg
    Options
    Thanks SGH... I had went to my dealer yesterday for a class on fish and they used Kentucky bourbon teriyaki. I marinated half in that tonight and they were great.
  • SGH
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    That was the sad thing about our dealer closing down. They were always demonstrating interesting stuff like you mentioned above. Don't know what happened. They were just closed one day and never reopened.

Status- Standing by.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    anzyegg said:
    Thanks SGH... I had went to my dealer yesterday for a class on fish and they used Kentucky bourbon teriyaki. I marinated half in that tonight and they were great.
    bourbon teriyaki? Please enlighten us. You got a recipe?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• anzyegg
    Options
    Sorry to hear that SGH. That's why, when I normally go I patronize the store purchasing rubs or some other thing I need. If we all do that from time to time the small business will stay working. Sometimes it's a little bit more but it is truly worth it.
  • anzyegg
    Options
    Hey Griffin, it's actually a product sold at my grill store. It's called Kentuckyaki and it has soy sauce, Kentucky bourbon, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, and Kentucky sorghum. Mighty good stuff!!!
  • SGH
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    Well said my friend. I hated to see it close. The man running it was a great guy and was very friendly and helpful. He even had a great website but it shutdown when the store did. Again your fish look excellent.

Status- Standing by.

• dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options
    We have been doing them blackened w/a CI skillet. Here is a photo-although not on the BGE. Made these while camping. If they ever get out the MiniMax...
  • anzyegg
    Options
    They looked great as well. I have some cajan that I'll use next time. Man I love spices.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    anzyegg said:
    Figured I'd get a few trout filets grilled tonight for the wife and me. Finally got in my 5 mile walk because it cooled down to 90 degrees today....image
    Your fillets are bigger than the trout I catch.  I always cook my trout bones in and then remove the bones when serving, in fact, that is how I know when the fish is cooked is when the meat just easily peels away from the bones.  I fish pretty small high mountain streams, usually between 6,000 feet and 10,000 feet above sea level.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• anzyegg
    Options
    It must taste excellent after you just catch and cook.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    anzyegg said:
    It must taste excellent after you just catch and cook.
    Yes they do.  But I often wonder is it because the fish is the freshest it can possibly be, is it so tender because they aren't as old, or is it just the mindset of being in the back country and your other food source is freeze dried that makes them seem so delectable.  I think it's probably a little of "all of the above".
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Options
    Griffin said:
    anzyegg said:
    bourbon teriyaki? Please enlighten us. You got a recipe?
    Google  teriyaki sauce with bourbon and   There is a lot of recipes there. Looks like in many cases they are substituting the bourbon for the wine.

LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.