Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Apple smoked pulled pork..

Options
johnmitchell
johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
I know everyone must be tired of Butt posts..But I am very satisfied with this result I got from yesterday. I did a low and slow with heavy apple smoke. I couldn't be more proud. Everyone have a great Sunday. Cheers John. :-c
Greensboro North Carolina
When in doubt Accelerate....

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I don't think we ever tire of looking at butts. Really like the pic, nice shot.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • marysvilleegger
    Options
    Awesome! How much apple when u say heavy apple smoke? I usually use 4-6 lumps spread throughout.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    That looks great John. I love Butts!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Awesome! How much apple when u say heavy apple smoke? I usually use 4-6 lumps spread throughout.
    I would say about 8 fairly big chunks spread throughout the lump, and what a tried this time was put them around the periphery and lit the fire in the middle..The smell throughout the whole cook was awesome..I cooked at 225 dome Indirect aprox. 12hours..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Great looking butt. Looks nice and moist!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Nice pic, damn I wish I could use my camera. Have to get my 8 year old grand daughter to show me. You have every right to be proud of that. 
    Apple is our favourite on pork butt, usually with a juice injection. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!