Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Biggreenpharmacist and family. The honor was mine.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
I had the @Biggreenpharmacist‌ and his family down this weekend. He is headed back home as we speak. First I want to say be safe on the long ride ahead my friend, If you ever want to meet a fine family you should try to get to know the Biggreenpharmacist and his wife and children. They are about as good of folks as you will ever meet. His two sons are absolutely the best behaved children I have ever meet. His wife is a perfect lady. Brother having y'all here was both a honor and a privilege. Y'all are welcome back any time my friend. And a special thanks from me and my wife for the fine gifts. You are much to kind sir. Again thanks to you and your family for all y'all did. Be safe brother on the trip home.imageimageimageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• SGH
    Options
    I let the Biggreenpharmacist test run my Yoder Clone Quadruple Hog Cooker. He is a natural on a offset pit.image

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Holy crap that's a big pit!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    It's built on a 800 gallon tank. It will hold 4 250 pound hogs at once. Thanks for looking.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited July 2014
    Options
    That pit was originally built as a direct fired unit in 1991. Copied a Yoder for the tuning plate in 2002. She has a lot of miles on her but still cooks like a champ. Fixing to have it blasted and repainted.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Old faithful. Still smokinimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Tuning plate with 12x1/4 slits for heat distribution. Worked pretty good. Outlet is 8x4 for increased draft velocity in the main chamber. imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    On a pitstop but the honor was all mine.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Tell those boys they can ride that tractor any time they want. If I'm not here the wife has a key. Brother y'all be safe.

Status- Standing by.

• RaleighGuy
    RaleighGuy Posts: 207
    Options
    That pit is a beast! Have you ever done 4 hogs at once? Love the pic of the young man on that tractor.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• SGH
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @RaleighGuy‌
    Thanks my friend. And yes I have loaded 4 hogs before. That was actually the reason the pit was built. Those fine little guys belong to the Biggreenpharmacist . The John Deere is mine. Again thanks.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Here is one of my pits I offered to let you borrow. You could cook for the whole town if you just wanted too my friend! ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @RaleighGuy‌
    I have a pic of 4 hogs on the cooker. It's on a flip phone that is deactivated. I will try to transfer it to my lap top and post it. I'm not real good with electronics though. Maybe someone can offer instructions on how to do it if I can't figure it out.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Didn't realize what this was until I unwrapped it!! How about that!image

Status- Standing by.

• stevethegreat
    Options
    Very cool! The visit, the pit, the gifts, the tractor. B-)
    Steve
    Outside of Appleton, WI - MBGE, LBGE
  • SGH
    Options
    @stevethegreat‌
    Thanks brother. Now you need to bye and visit my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• stevethegreat
    Options
    Heh hopefully I'll make it down that way one day.
    Steve
    Outside of Appleton, WI - MBGE, LBGE
  • SGH
    Options
    @stevethegreat‌
    You are welcome anytime my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Brother that deer sausage was par excellent. Thanks again for everything.

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    We just got home. LONG ride. Will get busy processing all the shrimp tomorrow. Just leaving on ice tonight. I still cant believe how much you sent.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Hope you enjoy them my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Biggreenpharmacist Posts: 4,341
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I will. And folks, this kind fellow butterflied and stuffed me a pork butt like he cooked a few weeks back I can attest that all the "brothers" and "my friends" that you read in his posts are genuine. He talks that way and he treats people that way. I'm blessed to have met a wonderful new friend today and look forward to a long friendship. My wife even hugged his neck when we left (she just felt that comfortable).

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    You are to kind my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I hoped you would like that deer sausage. I have a friend that makes it for me in Monticello Arkansas. I've had lots of deer summer sausage but his is the best I've ever had. He makes a jalapeno version but I was out so gave you what I had.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    It was absolutely delicious. I could have ate the whole thing myself!

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    @SGH‌
    Couple questions: i know you said cook that shoulder at 275 til about 205, but approximately how long should it take? If I want to cook it tmrw for the sunday school class tomorrow night after church what time should I start it? Second, you said pull off the shrimps heads and freeze in water. How do you do that? Just ziplocs and then stack in a box or some other type of containers? And do I only have to pull off heads? Is their a trick or just pull em off?

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    As far as the shrimp just twist there head off. Nothing to it. You can bag them or container them with enough fresh water to cover them then stack them in the freezer any way that you want. As to the shoulder it should take about 8 hours give or take a little. It's stuffed real heavy with bacon and sausage. If you get in a pinch for time you can always bump the temp to 325 if the need arises. Hope you enjoy it.

Status- Standing by.

• bearBGE
    bearBGE Posts: 129
    Options
    SGH said:
    @RaleighGuy‌ I have a pic of 4 hogs on the cooker. It's on a flip phone that is deactivated. I will try to transfer it to my lap top and post it. I'm not real good with electronics though. Maybe someone can offer instructions on how to do it if I can't figure it out.
    Old flip phone you are kinda effed unless there happens to be a slot for a SD card...
  • SGH
    Options
    @bearBGE‌
    Could a photography shop help possibly?

Status- Standing by.

• bearBGE
    bearBGE Posts: 129
    Options

I really doubt it...how old is the phone?  Does it just have a wall charger or did it come with a USB cord that would plug into a wall charger?
  • SGH
    Options
    @bearBGE‌
    It came with a charger only.

Status- Standing by.