Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza stone size?

Options
If you are using the woo2 with the plate setter, what is the appropriate size for the pizza stone on a raised grid, either at felt level or a little higher ?
Berlin, Maryland

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @rsterman‌
    What size egg do you have? The stone size will be different for each size of egg.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You can't go wrong with 16" if you're using a large or larger egg.
    Options
    ...or smaller.
    Options
    The 16" is what I have for my large.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Options
    I bought the 14 in. bge stone for my large. Bit pricey but it works great.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That's a nice thick stone.  Only needs to be as big as the dough you're cooking.
    Options
    Try to keep at least 1" of space around the outside of the stone for air flow. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • keepervodeflame
    keepervodeflame Posts: 353
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I have a 13" from CGS and  two 14" BGE stones. I cook with an AR.  I use the 13 for a diffuser and the BGE's as pizza stones. The 13" gives me about 2 inches of air space to the inner wall of the fire ring, which helps with air flow and helps keep the fire box from over heating.  With two pizza stones, I  always have a least one clean.  The BGE stones are really nicely finished and put a nice crust on my pies. They are defenitely my go to pizza stones. Not because they have a BGE logo, but because they just perform so well. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I use the XL BGE stone.  I never make pizzas that large, but we typically make smaller pizzas in the 8" range.  I can fit 3-4 of these on at a time when we're doing a bunch for a big group.