Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Daughter Went to Texas & All I Got Was The Rub

Options
I just picked her up at the airport.  She bought me some Texas rubs.  Three flavors of Bubba's Bar-B-Q Rub.  Beef, chicken & pork.  My daughter doesn't know anything about cooking so I gotta ask;  Are these any good? 
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    Flint, Michigan
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I see watcha did there =)) Nice rub ;-) But, truthfully I'm not familiar with these rubs. Here lately I've been making my own and haven't purchased any rubs. Give em a try and give a review.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    How'd she like Lubbock?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • ReldtiCDN
    ReldtiCDN Posts: 142
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Mine went to New orleans last month with school band and when I asked her what she brought me.
     I GOT the RUB OFF. You did good.
    Brampton, Ontario

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Is she thinking about Tech?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Fred, I am happy your offspring are getting educated.  As to the rubs, I'm sure they are fine.  The subtleties of rubs, which are almost all some varying combination of the same 20 or so ingredients, can be lost after time in the egg except for the amount of salt and sugar they add.  But I'm sure the person that developed the recipes tasted the results and liked it. 
    Options
    She liked Texas Tech and Lubbock a lot. She had a chance to sit down and look at the move financially and she's not keen about that. I wish she would have done that earlier! Maybe she needed the alone time to figure it out for herself? She hasn't made a final decision yet. Michigan State (say it isn't so!!!) is still a possibility.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I don't know anything about that brand of rub, but once I got to Lubbock Texas in 1982, I never returned back to my home state of Wisconsin. Over 32 years now.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    If it made to the shelves in Texas it is very unlikely that it sucks.  At this point, it looks like you owe us a review of this brand of rub.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Sounds like she thought of Dad and one of his passions - enjoy the rubs. I'm sure they will be just fine. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever bought the same rub twice - there are so many out there. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Thecoiman
    Thecoiman Posts: 134
    Options
    Lubbock is a great place to go school. I loved college days of tech. I was opposite of your daughter I wanted go to Michigan but out of state cost, I went to Tech. My daughter now goes.
    Garland, TX

2 Large, 1 Mini Max, 1 Mini
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone‌ awesome your baby girl daughter is getting higher education. In today's job market it will give her a leg up for sure. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone‌. ..If she moves to Lubbock who's gonna cart us around... lol. She's a sweet girl and has patience. Your a blessed man...except for knowing little stefon
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    henapple said:

@Fred19Flintstone‌. ..If she moves to Lubbock who's gonna cart us around... lol. She's a sweet girl and has patience. Your a blessed man...except for knowing little stefon

She was just pinch hitting for Wilma. Wilma doesn't drink or get judgmental while carting my a$$ around while I've been drinking. Now that's my kind of woman!
    Flint, Michigan
  • RdRdrFan
    RdRdrFan Posts: 21
    Options
    She'll love it here if she comes.