Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy National Peanut Butter Day

Options
Anybody got a favorite egg recipe using peanut butter?

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

Comments

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Made this I few weeks ago, it was awesome. Sometimes also when I make ABT's I will stuff a few with peanut butter. 

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Chicken satay, Thai style is good. Basically, similar to souvlaki, chicken on a stick, except for the peanut butter and coconut milk sauce used for basting. 
    Lots of recipes on the inter-webs. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    My favorite PB recipie is Peter Pan Extra Chunky on white bread with slices of garlic dill pickle.  Doesn't make up well on the BGE.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    I don't make it on the BGE, but I love bacon and peanut butter sandwiches.   :x
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options

SWVABeanCounter....I haven't tried it on the egg, but it is on my list....

http://peanutbutterlovers.com/2013/10/grilled-pbj/ 

Thanks for sparking my interest....I've actually been looking for a grilled banana recipe.

Trying to reproduce those at the Brazillian steak houses.

I guess frying on the egg is legal.....isn't it ???????

Known as “bananas empanada” or “bananas frita”, fried bananas are a common side dish served in Brazil. Brazilians are known to eat fried bananas alongside a variety of other entrees, even beans.

one of the hallmarks of a great fried banana is the heavenly texture: a crispy outer layer with a creamy filling. If you’re curious, you can try out this quick recipe at home, fried bananas are deep fried in vegetable oil without breading:

1.Melt a ½ stick of butter in a frying pan.

2.Peel 3 bananas and cut them into thirds.

3.Prep a breading station by setting aside two bowls: one with a beaten egg and one with ½ C breadcrumbs.

4.Dredge your bananas first through the egg, then through the breadcrumbs (note- be careful to keep your wet hand and dry hand separate!).

5.Add bananas to butter and brown them on all sides.

6.Remove bananas and drain them on paper towels. You can sprinkle salt or cinnamon sugar over them depending on your preference.

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Chicken satay, Thai style is good. Basically, similar to souvlaki, chicken on a stick, except for the peanut butter and coconut milk sauce used for basting. 

Lots of recipes on the inter-webs. 
    Little Steven made a pork satay at the Toronto Egg Fest last year that rocked! I know it's a bit late for supper, but I can prolly dig up the recipe if you're interested.
    Flint, Michigan
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Local wing joint has 60 some different flavors and one of them is peanut butter and jelly. Actually stopping in there tomorrow with a buddy. Will give them a try.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options

How about this one....A peanut butter burger ????????  Only from Macon, Georgia.......I can't wait to try it this weekend.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!