Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Amaze-n smoker vent question

yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
I'm testing out the amaze-n smoker today with some of cheese before I do the bacon tomorrow and I'm wondering what you do with the vents. I'm guessing you leave them both wide open, or do you adjust the top one down some?
Dunedin, FL
·

Comments

• top off and bottom all the way open

·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Thanks. I Tried it out on some cheese, it went out a couple times but I had a full load of lump from my last cook in there which probably inhibited air flow. Cleared that out after and will throw the pellets in the oven before lighting it for bacon tomorrow.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • i don't season the pellets but I've heard it works. i literally let it burn for 5-10minutes before blowing it out. it's like 3-4" of burn before I let go to smoke. That is exactly the way they say to do it and it has always worked for me.letting it burn for 10 minutes seems crazy but it really does not burn down much past 3-4 inches and it still burns for about 12 hours once you blow it out

·