Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

tuna steaks with thai dipping sauce

fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,302
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum
made these over the weekend, slightly seared ceviche exterior with a warm center. dipping sauce was soy, three crabs fish sauce, limes, garlic, keiffer leavers, habanero and cilantro

also made some smoked lobster dip on some oil and salted calibata garlic toast

·

Comments

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Nicely done!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,408
    Looks fantastic. Way to outfox your nom de guerre.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,980
    Yum!! I'd be all over that. Tuna looks cooked perfectly.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,062
    Looks great! Care to share the dipping sauce recipe?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,302
    1/4 cup each lime juice and fish sauce,2.5 tbls sugar, 2 tsp rice wine vinegar,4 keiffer lime leaves finely chpped, 1 habenero finely chopped seads and all, 4 cloves garlic,chopped cilantro, some soy for color. i also marinaded the syeaks with most of those ingrediants leaving out the leaves and habenero.
    ·
  • i want to make this now. this looks amazing!
    ·
  • Dang, that looks amazing, well back to my leftover fajitas...........
    NW Iowa
    ·
  • blind99blind99 Posts: 1,299

very very nice!  thanks for sharing the sauce recipe, sounds good.

·
  • SGHSGH Posts: 14,476
    Looks like a first round knock out to me my friend =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 2,752
    excellent cook - I've seen a number of recent seared tuna posts that all look fantastic.  thanks for giving up the sauce recipe - too many secrets around here lately
    :))
    Austin, TX
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,854
    That looks right up my alley!! Thanks for the sauce recipe

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • HoovHoov Posts: 258
    @fishlessman‌ that looks incredible! What does ceviche exterior mean? Marinated in lime? Is that prosciutto wrapped asparagus? You nailed this one! Good cook.
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
    ·
  • Gman2Gman2 Posts: 257
    Awesome!!
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    1/4 cup each lime juice and fish sauce,2.5 tbls sugar, 2 tsp rice wine vinegar,4 keiffer lime leaves finely chpped, 1 habenero finely chopped seads and all, 4 cloves garlic,chopped cilantro, some soy for color. i also marinaded the syeaks with most of those ingrediants leaving out the leaves and habenero.

Man that looks good. Question, that much fish sauce is nor overpowering?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,302
    @Mickey
    i didnt find it overpowering, infact i didnt even tell anyone theres fish sauce. i think its more pungent on beef than on fish and the lime and other ingrediants seem to cut it.
    ·
  • AUCEAUCE Posts: 862
    I sear tuna almost weekly and the BGE shall become the next vessel in which tuna tartar is prepared.. just searem to about 3/16 balance RAW BABY!

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,067
    Looks awesome man!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • That looks absolutely great! Nice cook! 

·
  • That looks awesome Fishlessman! Very nicely prepared.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
    ·