Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ive been using this brisket method with great results...

Options
2»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Did anyone notice that Nola was back? I-)
    My boss noticed
    :D
    Options
    EazyE said:

EazyE said:
    Things used to be much more friendlier around here.  I'm outta here! ;)
    Thats what I thought. Just wanted to share what I thought was a good method..Guess I will go back to being just a lurker. :)>-
    I'm just messing with Steven.  You're post is perfectly fine.  Much better, actually, than the "What's wrong with you people" thread.... :)
    Im just messing around too. I know there is more than one way to skin a cat, especially when it comes to BBQ. I do wonder if the guy in this video is a member here though. His feelings might be hurt if so...
    He is here, its the guy with 3 fingers. :((

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    EazyE said:

EazyE said:
    Thats what I thought. Just wanted to share what I thought was a good method..Guess I will go back to being just a lurker. :)>-
    I'm just messing with Steven.  You're post is perfectly fine.  Much better, actually, than the "What's wrong with you people" thread.... :)
    Im just messing around too. I know there is more than one way to skin a cat, especially when it comes to BBQ. I do wonder if the guy in this video is a member here though. His feelings might be hurt if so...
    Well, he did an excellent job trimming that brisket.
    Options
    EazyE said:

EazyE said:
    I think he acknowledges in the comments on youtube that the knife was a bit suspect and he has since gotten a better one to use.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    What cause he handled a knife like a tomahawk and didn't use a drip pan?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• EazyE
    EazyE Posts: 67
    Options
    yzzi said:
    Went to the rub site, and holy sales pitch: http://texasbbqrub.com/secretsrevealed.htm. "Simple 1-2-3"s all over the place.
    It is. I know Travis uses their rub in his brisket method as well. I really want to try some, just havent ordered any yet.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Did anyone notice that Nola was back? I-)
    who?

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GoldfishDude
    Options
    I use that rub a lot... Highly recommended!
  • EazyE
    EazyE Posts: 67
    Options
    I use that rub a lot... Highly recommended!
    Which one do you specifically use. The brisket one, or the Grand champion one?
  • GoldfishDude
    Options
    I have not tried the grand champion yet but I hear it is great!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I too have heard lots of good stuff about their rubs.  I haven't tried them either, but thinking of ordering one for the brisket.  Pretty sure @Cazzy uses the grand champion and he seems to have quite a rub fettish ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.