Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

First try at Reverse Sear Ribeyes (Pics)

JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,486
Since reading how everybody is doing reverse sear I though I would try it tonight. I picked up a couple thick bone-in Ribeyes from Publix and a bag of spinach. Then stopped by Ace Hardware as I was out of lump I walked in and at first was very excited as they had a whole skid of Ozark Oak 10lb bags which I have never seen in Atlanta, my excitement was cut short when I asked how much per bag and she said $14.99 as my mouth dropped open she quickly said but this is the Lump they use in competition BBQ. Since I had never tried it I reluctantly bought one bag. Anyway back to the steaks, I got the Egg stabilized at 300 indirect put on the steaks and about 30 minutes later pulled them at 115 and let them rest. While the Egg was ramping up to 650 I sautĂ©ed the spinach with EVOO and garlic then seasoned the steaks with Cow Lick and Kosher salt then put the steaks on for 1 minute per side. These were cooked perfect and melted in your mouth my best steaks yet. 

IMG_1740.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
IMG_1741.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 3M
IMG_1742.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 3M
IMG_1744.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
IMG_1745.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
Johns Creek, Georgia

Comments