Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Last Nights Dinner - Fajitas!

So I went and picked up the stuff to make Fajitas!  First I grill the peppers whole and cut the spanish onions into 1 inch or so slices.  I grill them until they are good and charred.  About 400-450 direct.  I pull them when they look good and put them in a brown paper bag.  I crimp it and let it steam cook the rest of the way in the bag for about 10-15 minutes or so.  When I pull them out of the bag I let them cool another few minutes until I can handle them with my hands and not get burned.

Nice thing about grilled veggies is unlike meat you can cook them early on and I cover them with foil and let them sit until time to eat.  So before dinner all I had to do was prep the meat.  So here it goes!  Fajitas rub.  I usually like to do these hot and fast, but I was running out of charcoal so they really went direct around 350.  This is easy and one my summertime favorite cooks.  Its feeds a lot of people, too!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cleveland, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments